No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given May's utter incompetence at every level, from political operator to basic human being, why are we assuming she is in any way capable of any credible judgement of DT?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
      Why does Trump keep talking about this? All it achieves is to remind everyone that even their Salacious B Crumb thinks that their president is an imbecile.
      Because all attention on him implies no attention on any Democrat hopefuls for the next elections. It's how he got this gig in the first place: keep hogging the media coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post

Because all attention on him implies no attention on any Democrat hopefuls for the next elections. It's how he got this gig in the first place: keep hogging the media coverage.
        But this isn't good attention. This is their lickspittle calling them a dangerous simpleton. Also it is clearly true.

Comment

For intelligent people it isn't good attention, but for his core voters it's just more proof that he's on their side.

Comment

Darroch has resigned

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
              But this isn't good attention. This is their lickspittle calling them a dangerous simpleton. Also it is clearly true.
              That doesn't matter. The goal is to suck up all the attention. If no good attention is available, generate some bad attention, so that nothing remains for the others.

If Trump speaks about airports in the civil war, we laugh, but he once again sucks up all the attention. If Trump keeps talking about the British ambassador, we think he's a bloody idiot, but we're all talking about Trump again. I am not convinced that this is not deliberate.

Comment

Darroch resigns, Trump wins and will revel in this victory.

Despite any bluster to the contrary it's Trump who decides on which British diplomats he might feel inclined to work with.

Comment

It is very deliberate

Among the things it is currently stealing time and attention from are Epstein, the adminstration's ongoing series of losses in court, Barr's willingness to do anything his boss asks for, the Iranians taking advantage of his petulant renunciation of the Iran Deal, the absolute dud that is the Kushner "Mideast plan" and New York State facilitating the delivery of his state tax returns to Congress.

The degree to which his people listen to the likes of Farrage may be hard to believe, but really shouldn't be discounted. Keep in mind, for instance, that the US Ambassador to the UK stands to benefit handsomely from any weakening of the NHS.

Comment

From the bits of it that I've seen they really had to reach to get there, but that's what the Fourth Circuit does.

Comment

Have you guys seen this? This will actually make me read the Mueller Report

We hired the author of 'Black Hawk Down' and an illustrator from 'Archer' to adapt the Mueller report so you'll actually read it
                      Last edited by Femme Folle; 11-07-2019, 01:03.

Comment

The author is going to be carrying the load there, unless they are inventing things or having everyone in cosplay.

Comment

It's a little lopsided, but I like the drawings. I think they help break it up so that simpletons like me don't get too bored reading the text.

Comment

So that's a complete cave on the citizenship question, combined with further admissions that establish that the administration's entire litigation strategy was grounded on lies. They may actually get hit with sanctions here, the judges are understandably livid.

Comment

That's entertainingly good news. This administration are still corrupt and evil, but it's a blessed relief that they are so incredibly incompetent at it.

Comment

I wish I had your confidence. I’m glad this lot are earth-shatteringly incompetent but have no faith that the next ones won’t be an American Putin or Erdogan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                                  It's impossible to be a competent authoritarian in a liberal system. That's why they always stack the courts and kill journalists.
                                  I wish this was the case. It proves to be suprisingly easy to reinvent a previously liberal system to suit the requirements of a semi competent authoritarian. And you don't even need to kill journalists, you just need to buy/obtain the media.

Comment

Appointing incompetent bureaucrats is procedurally incompetent but can succeed in making the bureaucracy a joke and transferring more power to the executive.
                                    This was Bannon's plan, wasn't it. Sabotage the federal government, and you create an apparent need for a strong man.

It is how Putin came to power after Yeltsin destroyed all semblance of organised government in Russia.
                                    Last edited by anton pulisov; 12-07-2019, 10:14.

Comment

The way that Pence is spinning his visit to the concentration, sorry, reception camps for immigrants should make anyone wary of the advisability of trying to impeach the president. In many other ways too this course of action would be counter-productive. Concentrate on positive reasons why you (Dems, mainly) should be elected. The sad fact is that the right do negativity a lot better so why compete in this part of the battlefield?

Comment

An underlying problem is that the US constructed a liberal system to constrain states and interest groups that are prone to be illiberal and the latter will always find cracks they can exploit.

Moreover, as Durkheim emphasized, liberalism only works if there's a broad consensus to respect its norms. That has been eroded over decades.

Comment

Meanwhile, Trump spiked Iran deal just to spite Obama

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48978484

Comment

The Racist in Chief has tweeted that three native born Congresswomen of colour (and their Somali refugee colleague) "should go back to the crime-infested places they came from".

A surprising number of pundits are expressing surprise.

Comment

A surprising number or surprising because of who these pundits are?

Comment

I, for one, am suddenly shocked and surprised at this President's amazingly rapid change into not following traditional conventions and norms and not concealing his racism.

Comment

Straight into the CNN Rolodex you go
                                                  ​​​​​
                                                  Well played

Comment

Sporting, a bit of both, though as SB intimates, the real surprise is that there are any.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X