No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that Pelosi may well be correct that he thinks it would be a plus for him because of his inevitable "acquittal" in the Senate.

The man is anything but a deep thinker and there are dozens of GOP Senate lackeys eager to feed him that line.

Comment

I've not seen that argument before. That is utterly compelling - he'd treat acquittal by Tom Cotton and Ben Sasse as if it were a complete legal victory, an explicit statement of his innocence. That might completely change my opinion back to thinking that impeachment is a bad idea.

Comment

The state visit to Japan is off to a cracking start

Comment

And have every reason to be

Comment

Hmmm - they are saying it isn't about Wolff's claims in his book.

Comment

I'm surprised that anyone still pays attention to Wolff

Comment

I don't expect Mueller to do anything other than repeat his statements from the report regarding why he chose not to commit himself on obstruction. The WH will spin it as exoneration, obviously.

Comment

As expected, he's just trying to pre-empt going to congress.

Comment

Rep. Val Demings@RepValDemings

Special Counsel Robert Mueller just said that "charging the president with a crime was not an option we could consider" under DOJ policy.

It wasn't lack of evidence. It was DOJ policy.

He said that this "deserves the attention of every American." He's right. Congress must act

Comment

I hope you're right, Bruno, but fear that you're not.

Comment

This might be interesting

[URL="https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1133753664538071040?s=21"]https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1133753664538071040[/URL]

Though I presume that Hannity and Ingraham will follow the script.

Comment

Guess who his friends are...

Comment

"The good guys"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48462677

"You can tell a man who boozes, by the company he chooses, and the pig got up and slowly walked away"

(ok. Not exactly a perfect analogy, but I like it)

[with apologies to GO for repeating his point]

Comment

Do most Brexiteers like Trump though? I would have thought his appeal in the UK was virtually non-existent, and Farage and Johnson risk alienating even more people than they already have by schmoozing with the giant orange dork

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                Do most Brexiteers like Trump though? I would have thought his appeal in the UK was virtually non-existent, and Farage and Johnson risk alienating even more people than they already have by schmoozing with the giant orange dork
                                The sort of people who like Farridge and dePfeffel are almost certainly the same repellent worthless pieces of racist shit who like Trump.

Comment

I'm surprised. I'd have thought he be typical of the loud, ignorant, coarse American many of them would despise.

Comment

I'm surprised. I'd have thought he be typical of the loud, ignorant, coarse American many of them would despise.
                                    Given they like loud, ignorant, coarse British people, I'm surprised at your surprise.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1133930797914906624

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

Given they like loud, ignorant, coarse British people, I'm surprised at your surprise.
                                        Yeah but don't they all wish they were born in 1905? Trump is an exemplar of the kind of Ugly American who was utterly despised (though envied) back then

Comment

Yeah but don't they all wish they were born in 1905? Trump is an exemplar of the kind of Ugly American who was utterly despised (though envied) back then
                                          I think you overrate the level of consideration that these people give to anything. Trump pisses off lefties and liberals, therefore Trump must be good. At least, that's the amount of intellectual rigoour you get from the likes of people who think that Boris Johnson's racist newspaper columns were a breath of fresh air against those PC Gone Mad liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                            I think you overrate the level of consideration that these people give to anything. Trump pisses off lefties and liberals, therefore Trump must be good.
                                            Maybe so. It's just that I've yet to hear anything positive about Trump from anyone I know in the UK, and I do know a few Brexiteers.

Comment

Trump has a tangible approval rating in the UK, YouGov had it at 11% last year.

I think the kind of anti-American hard right-winger you’re envisioning is probably in terminal decline in the UK.

Comment

So.

Will the Donald's endorsement of "Alex" scupper the latter's chance of getting onto the final ballot?

Comment

This is a fun piece

[URL="https://twitter.com/slate/status/1134913444719845377?s=21"]https://twitter.com/slate/status/1134913444719845377[/URL]

Comment

I'd like to think that Trump's tariffs and spending are going to fuck him eventually but I fear it won't kick in before Nov 2020. Certainly a Trump 2nd term would leave behind an economic basket case, and eternal shame on the GOP for just letting that happen..

Comment

Working...
                                                    X