Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1109200626318229510

Comment

I can't even think much of this news yet, as I'm still coming to terms with the insanity of Pompeo's comments.

Comment

This is a total shitshow, but on the plus side it has to increase the chances that Bolton quits or is fired.

Comment

Seems the latest talking point in Trumps defence is that Mueller has not recommended any further indictments.

Desperately ignoring the fact that - if true - he seems to be happy with the 37 he already has.

Comment

Woah, when this is made into a movie that guy will have to be played by Jon Goodman.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1109451334833586178?s=21[/URL]

Comment

That's a huge desecration of the shirt worn by Pele. Is he mad??

Trump gets compared to Jesus and Pele in the same week.

Comment

The resurrection and the erection.

Comment

Matt Taibi:

It's official: Russiagate is this generation's WMD

The Iraq war faceplant damaged the reputation of the press. Russiagate just destroyed it

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/russia...imes-a-million

Comment

No Collusion!

Did anyone think the result was going to be otherwise?

Comment

I think I will become a right winger. The world seems so much easier to handle when you don't have to give a toss about anyone or anything other than you.

Comment

This is Whitewater for liberals, and Joe Biden will be Bob Dole. Great

Comment

I am certainly unsurprised that Mueller was unable to prove direct active collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government - which seems to be all that we've been told so far in terms of the specifics.

There seems to be a whole lot left unsaid at the moment, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                              Way too early to say that. Clinton was more popular than Trump and I think Biden is a stronger candidate than Dole on his record and as a public speaker. My worry would be Pelosi = Gingrich: POTUS gets back in by conflating his opponent with a congressional hate figure.

If Russiagate is dead, it removes a red herring that's been distorting Trump's real legal liabilities so that might not be a bad thing. But it also discredits in advance a lot of voices that might have been used to attack Trump in more substantive areas.

Comment

If russiagate is dead then Barr would have released full report.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                                  Bernie as Ross Perot?

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/nytmike/status/1109996207265538048?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                                      Also, Trump isn't just going to throw a parade, he's going to get revenge. Authoritarian crackdown ahoy.
                                      Is there much evidence he's vengeful — other than verbally?

Comment

I suspect even darker times await in the USA. That stroke/heart attack can't come soon enough...

Comment

And so welcome to Pence...

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                                            Yes, he'll bawl and bluster as per usual and wind-up his base, but I don't recall him actually singling someone out for retribution and then making sure its carried out.

Comment

So Trump has his ready-made excuse for not doing anything over the last two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                                Yes, he'll bawl and bluster as per usual and wind-up his base, but I don't recall him actually singling someone out for retribution and then making sure its carried out.
                                                Other than Comey and Sessions and Tillerson and countless others, you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                                  Other than Comey and Sessions and Tillerson and countless others, you mean?
                                                  Their removals were, sadly, part of the political game as it's played these days though. Played very crudely I'll grant, but otherwise not particularly out of the ordinary. Revenge, to me, suggests getting into someone's personal life. Doing stuff that affects their families, finances and reputations for example.

Comment

Looks like Michael Avenatti might be in some deep trouble...

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1110225769970761728

Comment

Working...
                                                    X