Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are BK Fries edible in the Republic?

Given the importance of the potato, I can see you having different standards.

Comment

As long as I keep my BK double cheeseburger weakness to every few months, I can live with myself.

Comment

The fries are better than McDonalds imo. Crispy not soggy

Comment

Fast food fries are so dependent on what branch you get them at, and if you strike lucky with the timing, that it may be hard to discern if different nations do them better than others.

Trump's would have been almost inedibly flaccid and chewy by the time the Clemson players actually got to eat them after all the photo-ops.

Comment

I found myself having to eat in both fine establishments over the last couple of months, and Mcdonalds fries are super soggy, and it seems like they're all cooked in the morning, and then kept at 5 degrees above room temperature all day. Burger king probably cook new fries every two hours or so. It's the little details.

Comment

They even have Supermacs in Cork now. What a joke. We used to hear the "tasty and tempting" ads on the radio and laugh at the Galway people and their stupid McDowells shite. Cork had Mandy's, which was much better. Alas, like the Beamish brewery, it is no more.

I see that Supermacs is owned by a McDonagh. Would he be related to the McDonagh chipper dynasty in Galway?

Comment

Dangerously drifting even further toward the off topic rocks, abrakebabra is a singularly depressing drunk meal choice. Taco fries in general are disgusting, their shite is foul. Ten years back I knew someone who worked in their westmoreland st franchise, unless they have upped their game, eating there is pure suicide unless you think lettuce doesn't carry a risk of food poisoning.
                Last edited by Lang Spoon; 16-01-2019, 00:03.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                  They even have Supermacs in Cork now. What a joke. We used to hear the "tasty and tempting" ads on the radio and laugh at the Galway people and their stupid McDowells shite. Cork had Mandy's, which was much better. Alas, like the Beamish brewery, it is no more.

I see that Supermacs is owned by a McDonagh. Would he be related to the McDonagh chipper dynasty in Galway?
                  hahahaha. No. He's a secondary teacher from Ballinasloe. There are three supermacs in Ballinasloe. I'm not sure why.

Does Abrakebabra still exist? I remember going in there one night in the late nineties, and getting a curry chip, and having the stain on my fingers three days later.

Comment

Abrakebabra still lurk on, as if the last ten years never happened.

Comment

When did Supermacs expand outside Galway anyway? They always had notions about themselves. They were advertising on national radio when they only had the one shop in Galway. In retrospect, it was genius marketing. Imagine all the GAA away fans going down to Galway for a match, and looking forward to finally killing that tasty and tempty earworm.

When I wasn't eating Jackie Lennox's, Abrakebabra was my thing. Massive moonshaped pita thing filled with spiced mince meat and melty cheese. They had no idea what a kebab was, but then neither did we, so it didn't matter.

I also liked Gino's Pizza in Cork, but that closed a year or two ago. I was meaning to drop in there last time, but didn't get round to it. Must remember to make more time for these things when visiting the city. With all this visiting family, we can lose sight of what is truly important.
                      Last edited by anton pulisov; 16-01-2019, 01:31.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                        I found myself having to eat in both fine establishments over the last couple of months, and Mcdonalds fries are super soggy, and it seems like they're all cooked in the morning, and then kept at 5 degrees above room temperature all day. Burger king probably cook new fries every two hours or so. It's the little details.
                        On the other hand, Burger King burgers appear to have been cooked the week before. They're horrible.

Comment

We haven't seen one of these for a while

There's a website, too.

Comment

Ha ha, She's good at this stuff.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday called on President Donald Trump to reschedule his State of the Union address, originally scheduled for January 29, until after the government has reopened or submit his remarks in writing.

“Sadly, given the security concerns and unless government re-opens this week, I suggest that we work together to determine another suitable date after government has re-opened for this address or for you to consider delivering your State of the Union address in writing to the Congress on January 29th,” Pelosi wrote in the letter.

The move effectively cancels Trump’s address.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              We haven't seen one of these for a while

There's a website, too.
                              lolwhut

Comment

More on the WaPo satire:

https://splinternews.com/this-fake-w...linter_twitter

Comment

Jesus, Pence was saying Isis were defeated, a couple of hours after the bombing that killed two americans.

Why is the Anderson Cooper show on CNN? Is this the best job available to him? CNN is pretty terrible, but I must say that I enjoy his show thoroughly.

Comment

An openly gay anchor at a network?

I thought you had spent some time in this country.

There's also the idea that if one wants to do news, CNN is a better job than what is currently available at any of the networks.

Comment

I had just assumed that CNN paid him a fortune because he's the only reason anyone watches their channel when they're not trapped in an airport or hotel. But now you say it, despite CNN being terrible the alternatives all do look worse.

Comment

An openly gay anchor at a network?

I thought you had spent some time in this country.

There's also the idea that if one wants to do news, CNN is a better job than what is currently available at any of the networks.
                                        Yeah, I suppose, but until I saw him being interviewed on the seth meyers (I think) show, I didn't know he was gay. I mean it's not a big part of his show is it? Maybe other people are different, but I generally don't find myself thinking about the sex lives of newsreaders.

Comment

It was a big thing when he came out.

US viewers of network news programmes are quite a specific demographic and very different from you in just about everything other than skin colour.

Comment

Wired magazine has obviously seriously broadened its content remit since i last picked up a copy

Anyway, this is good. If Trump is NOT a Russian agent the alternative is even worse

https://www.wired.com/story/presiden...a-agent-putin/

Comment

It was a big thing when he came out.

US viewers of network news programmes are quite a specific demographic and very different from you in just about everything other than skin colour.
                                              I mean, he is on the favourite show of the serious grey hair, 60 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                Wired magazine has obviously seriously broadened its content remit since i last picked up a copy

Anyway, this is good. If Trump is NOT a Russian agent the alternative is even worse

https://www.wired.com/story/presiden...a-agent-putin/
                                                It's not entirely silly to think that Trump would start to think he ought to admit to be a Russian agent in order to make himself look smart rather than admit he is a complete and utter moron that a 6 years old could manipulate...

Comment

I was running a long con, and always had complete control of the situation, says the stable genius.
                                                  Last edited by ursus arctos; 17-01-2019, 13:07.

Comment

I long just assumed Trump was an idiot with a spectacularly fragile ego. That all his "No Russian Interference" stuff was because his pathetic ego couldn't take the thought that his election "victory" might have had anything to do with outside factors. That his campaign was full of the particularly inept and dodgy because they were the only ones willing to work for him at the outset.

And I'd just assumed that Russian action on the 2016 election was to try and make it look illegitimate and unreliable and to show that American democracy was bollocks and therefore show that nobody should trust President Hillary when she tried to use soft power to get foreign countries to adopt US style democracy, thus giving the Russians more international clout in comparison. It was just geopolitical water-muddying.

I've actually been surprised to find so many direct links emerge over the last few months between the Trump campaign and Russia, and surprised to find the Putin meetings going off record. I really didn't think he had the brains to be directly used by the Russians, rather than being an unknowing mark like all those characters in The Americans. But now... there's mounting volumes of evidence even on the public record that the campaign - and possibly Trump himself - are actively engaged by the NKVD.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X