No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Her GOP lobbyist “boyfriend” is going to jail.

The NRA will try its best to lie iand deflect its way out of any real impact and will likely succeed. That said, it is worth noting that their financial condition is increasingly precarious and that the number of districts in which they can effectively veto candidates continues to shrink.

Comment

Got up this morning thinking TGIF but after reading these posts, not now.

The seven year old girl's death is a tragedy and absolutely avoidable. Anyone who lives in the desert south west or has any experience there has a basic understanding of dehydration or heat related problems. The Border Patrol should have known what to do and if they couldn't, or wouldn't, do anything, it is sickening. I would like to think that someone could be held to account but I think that unlikely.

In NC9 the Reps are saying that, while there may have been some "ballot issues" the number involved would not have made a difference to the result. Any new election could not take place until March.

Meanwhile, Cohen/Trump. Two co-conspirators blaming blaming each other. Neither particularly credible. Seen that a lot.

Happy Friday my friends.

Comment

If elguapo did not direct his/her ire, This is pure fucking evil.

Comment

Just when you think that there can be no more depths to plumb...

Comment

I expect the atrocities to escalate in the run-up to the Democrats' taking control of the House.

Comment

I agree ursus.

Just heard that Chris Christie in the frame for WH Chief of Staff.

Comment

The names I've heard associated with that job are somehow getting worse. Jared, Rudy! and Christie at the "more serious" end. At the "I'll take it if you offer it to me" end, Piers Morgan amongst others.

Comment

Jon Kyl is, unsurprisingly, quitting the Senate opening up the AZ seat again for another nomination by Doug Ducey. We all thought that would be Martha McSally, but apparently it's not nailed on - McSally has Mitch McConnell's support, but apparently she pissed off the AZ Republican establishment after losing her race last month so Ducey might try and find someone else.

Comment

That would be some comeback for Christie. SNL must be crossing their fingers for that.

Comment

Chris Christie? how embarrassing for everyone is that? Surely he's supposed to offer it to Mittens first, seemingly unaware that he's an actual senator.

Comment

Christie says no.

Comment

Stick around ladies and gentlemen. One of us is bound to be offered the job before long.

Comment

Christ, you know you're tainted when...

Comment

You mean if Christie turns you down?

Comment

Exactly. Christie should be lucky to get the keys to a Hardee's franchise, and yet he'll turn down Trump.

Comment

Kris Kobach not on the shortlist? Sam Brownback has a job. Kobach deserves one too.

Comment

Scott Walker, currently taking powers away from his successor in Wisconsin after losing re-election, would be my pick.

Comment

It’s Mulvaney

Comment

That does seem like a fairly obvious choice. Completely obsequious to Trump, so Trump's happy. Already completely tainted by association with Trumpism so he can't actually harm his own political prospects or standing further. And he knows some congressmen.

Comment

The question is whether he tries to retain his other two Cabinet-level positions while doing this job.

Comment

Seems like the best outcome. Gets him out of the CFPB.Or the BCFP, as he would have had it.

Comment

Zinke is out, maybe Mulvaney can run Interior as well.

This thread (click through to read) is good on why the wildcat ruling from Texas is NOT a death sentence for Obamacare.

https://twitter.com/nicholas_bagley/status/1073782835637641216?s=21

Comment

Nah, it’s more I’m a reactionary hack who tries to undermine Obama era legislation at every opportunity.

Comment

So, Zinke huh? What particular dirt is about to come out on him that forced him out now, after the mid-terms and before he's sold off all of Utah's federal land to his mining buddies? It has to be big.

Comment

I'm not sure that is necessarily the case.

There are something like a dozen current investigations, two of which were initiated by this Administration's DOJ and my bet is simply that Kelly wanted him out before he left and before the Democrats take over the House (Kelly's wanted him out for months). There is only so long that shower of shit can be delayed, and he never had the close personal relationships with Trumpworld that other "embattled" cabinet members have.

Zinke may also have realised that it is going to be easier to defend all of this without serving as a Cabinet Secretary (I assume that his rant about the incoming Chairman of the Interior Committee being a hopeless drunk was a sign that he didn't intend to be around for his first hearing).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X