Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump's Card

Well, Kansas's House and Senate just voted for the Medicaid expansion, but it was vetoed by Brownback. Lots of "moderate" (read: not completely certfiable) Kansas Republicans are in favour of the Medicaid expansion because it's completely obvious that it makes sense, but it appears that it's just not enough for them to override Brownback's veto.

Comment

Trump's Card

Which is a major reason why Brownback's approval rating is in the low 20s and trending towards Hollande levels.

One of the many failings of the DNC and establishment Democrats is their failure to keep the absolute implosion of Kochism in states like Kansas, Wisconsin and Louisiana in the forefront of voters' minds. The Brownbacks and Walkers have killed everything they have touched. That may well suit their paymasters' dystopian goals, but it isn't what any material number of voters actually want,

Comment

Trump's Card

As far as I can tell, they haven't been able to do much with it even in those states. They actually lost ground to the Republicans in Wisconsin and barely moved the needle in Kansas.

Comment

Trump's Card

It's not at all clear to me that they have even tried.

The DNC tweets about KS-04 yesterday were their first mention of Kansas in three years.

Comment

Trump's Card

Well I kind of forgot about the air force one tweet, because it reduced the price of boeing shares by 1% for a couple of hours one afternoon. But it's a relatively tiny contract. He's been slicing billions off the value of lockheed martin by repeatedly tweeting about the f-35. That's a fucking enormous trillion dollar contract, that has the future of half the military industrial complex tied up in it.

Those people have plenty of reason to be worried. particular since trump seems to be unaware that the US has already taken delivery of nearly 200 of these things, with binding contracts to make many hundreds more. And I'm not sure that Airforce One is just a passenger plane. If it was just a passenger plane, they could just lease one off a company based in Dublin, like everyone else does.

Comment

Trump's Card

Right - AirForce One is a ridiculously modified version of a passenger plane. But it was also where he learned that by mouthing off he was powerful enough to move stocks - IIRC Boeing moved more immediately, then everyone determined it really didn't matter for shit.

He is like a little kid who enjoys kicking rocks and scaring the bugs underneath. There is plenty exposure for his antics - hence auto-makers currying favor by publicizing (typically previously announced) on-shoring of functions. Hell, there is even a trading-bot that buys and sells based on 45's twitter.

Comment

Trump's Card

Trump is now in love with NATO, you couldn't make this shit up.

Comment

Trump's Card

Trump gets his briefings on North Korea from the President of Jaina:

Comment

Trump's Card

caja-dglh wrote: Right - AirForce One is a ridiculously modified version of a passenger plane. But it was also where he learned that by mouthing off he was powerful enough to move stocks - IIRC Boeing moved more immediately, then everyone determined it really didn't matter for shit.

He is like a little kid who enjoys kicking rocks and scaring the bugs underneath. There is plenty exposure for his antics - hence auto-makers currying favor by publicizing (typically previously announced) on-shoring of functions. Hell, there is even a trading-bot that buys and sells based on 45's twitter.
                    If I were a betting man, I'd be willing to wager there are people working for the Trump Organization who are given a heads up to buy or sell before he tweets certain things.

Comment

Trump's Card

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: Hasn't David Simon found himself in a bit of trouble for clumsily saying something that sounds similar? It would appear as though he was trying to say that assad is ahead of even Hitler at this point and if he is left to his own devices, who knows where we might end up. (Which I think is what Spicer was also trying to get at, but failing utterly)
                      You might very well be right, but given what actually came out of Spicer's mouth I'd say you're meeting him more than halfway on this one.

Comment

Trump's Card

The US has dropped "the mother of all bombs" on ISIS targets in Afghanistan. It's the most destructive non-nuclear bomb in existence, with a blast radius of one mile. This is the first time it has been used.

Comment

Trump's Card

Everything is going to work out with Russia. Trump says so.

Comment

Trump's Card

Huge bomb dropped on Afghanistan.

Comment

Trump's Card

Incandenza wrote: The US has dropped "the mother of all bombs" on ISIS targets in Afghanistan. It's the most destructive non-nuclear bomb in existence, with a blast radius of one mile. This is the first time it has been used.
                              Fucking hell. A wet week and he's a massive war criminal. If this target was anywhere near populated areas, I mean, fuck. What he sows this next wee while will make eventually ISIS look like nothing. Did he even bother informing the Afghans?

Comment

Trump's Card

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1o_8b31GRnU

Comment

Trump's Card

They showed a video of them dropping one of those bombs on the News, and it looks to be the sort of bomb that you push out the back of a cargo plane on a trolley. That leads me to suspect that it's not really for use against the Russians or the Chinese. or any enemy that isn't already cowering underground.

Maybe they should call it the Imperial resistance crusher or something.

Comment

Trump's Card

Prepare for warm international support for this unilateral decision because ISIS.

Comment

Trump's Card

Yes.

This, exactly

Ominous doesn't begin to cover it.

Comment

Trump's Card

Incandenza wrote: The US has dropped "the mother of all bombs" on ISIS targets in Afghanistan. It's the most destructive non-nuclear bomb in existence, with a blast radius of one mile. This is the first time it has been used.
                                        Apparently targeting a bunker complex. I wonder what they are practicing for?

Comment

Trump's Card

The bomb apparently cost $314m. I await the response of the supposedly fiscally responsible Republicans.

Comment

Trump's Card

I've seen that reported elsewhere, but it appears to be wrong. The bombs cost "only" $16m each. The US has spent $314 in total on MOAB ordnance.

Comment

Trump's Card

Just reading that the estimated cost of fixing Flint's entire water system is $216 million.

Comment

Trump's Card

Thanks for the clarification, SB.

Comment

Trump's Card

There are "there are between 600 and 800 Isis-K fighters in the country" and this bomb killed 36 men "suspected" of being among them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/13/us-military-drops-non-nuclear-bomb-afghanistan-islamic-state

Obviously it was purely for show and to placate some general who seems to be straight out of Dr. Strangelove.

Comment

Trump's Card

NBC News is reporting that the military is ready to launch a preemptive conventional weapons/cyber warfare/special forces ground troops (any and all of the above) attack on North Korea if a nuclear test seems imminent.

It's been great knowing you all.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X