Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump's Card

There was an interview on Radio 4 with some alt right arsewipe who'd made his bones on the campaign trail and was now part of the White House media crew. It was chilling, depressing and amusing in equal parts. He was revelling in twisting the knife over the BBC getting the boot due to being part of the lying Fake News MSM. I couldn't even tell if he was serious or just another opportunist. Either way, it's going to be a long four years (assuming Trump doesn't launch nukes at North Korea to remove the better golfer).

Comment

Trump's Card

Radar signature of the B2 was claimed to be similar to that of a seagull.

Which led me to imagine the following:

"Sir. We have several seagulls approaching from the West"
      "So? Why do you bother me with these things?"
      "Well, they are doing 600mph in attack formation, sir."

Comment

Trump's Card

No such bird as the seagull.

Comment

Trump's Card

Comment

Trump's Card

Probably a herring gull. Gulls aren't even sea birds.

Comment

Trump's Card

Comment

Trump's Card

Fuck this whole Spicer meltdown is insane. He was very close to clarifying that he doesn't think the Jewish victims of Nazi chemical gas were innocent. That slop of the tongue speaks volumes.

What's the fucker's background?

Comment

Trump's Card

Born on Long Island, grew up in Rhode Island, went to prep school in New Hampshire and uni at Connecticut College (a private school known as a favourite for the less academically inclined children of the well off). Masters from the Naval War College in Newport.

A GOP hack for his entire adult life.

Comment

Trump's Card

Only other guy I know who went to Conn College is a psycho.

Comment

Trump's Card

It's a lot more than a gaffe; much Freudian slippage about Jews not being real Germans and Hitler just being a regular war fighter unlike, say, the towel-heads.

I would hope, fucking pray even, that the cable media don't normalize this into just a gaffe, misunderstanding or some other shite such as "he's apologized, let's move on folks." It gets to the heart of Trumpian toxicity regarding race, "the other" and massive overlaps with the far right fringes.

Comment

Trump's Card

Within 30 minutes of the end of the briefing, there was already a story that 45 is disappointed in Spicer and that he blames Priebus.

Comment

Trump's Card

Hoo Boy

The FBI got a FISA warrant on Carter Page

The government’s application for the surveillance order targeting Page included a lengthy declaration that laid out investigators’ basis for believing that Page was an agent of the Russian government and knowingly engaged in clandestine intelligence activities on behalf of Moscow, officials said.

Comment

Trump's Card

Now that utter fuckwit Spicer is rattling on about Holocaust 'centres'.

This Trump thing isn't really happening, is it? It can't be. It must be some sort of mass illusion. No one could possibly vote for this circus. Could they?

Comment

Trump's Card

antoine polus wrote: Yeah, the B-2 was the plane I was thinking of.

It looks like death from the sky more than any other thing in the world.
                              Satan's set square. I think it's a mercy that there are only 22 of those things. They estimate that starting at WWII, the historical rate of increase in cost and complexity of airplanes, combined with falling numbers due to cost, that by about 2050 the US will have one airplane, but it will be fucking amazing, and producing it will bankrupt the country.

I'm not sure about the Gareth Thing. These are not esoteric things to know about. Some of those planes are nearly as old as I am, and I'm not sure that I was glorifying or getting over excited about them. the only one of those planes that is remotely interesting is the one that hasn't been built yet.

The F-35 is really fascinating. It has nothing to do with the airplane itself, but that it's kind of a Doring Kindersley cut-away guide to the Military industrial complex Ponzi Scheme. Important people are going to go to Jail in a lot of countries over this.

Anyway I had to look up all that stuff about runway bombs, because I wasn't entirely sure why you would use cruise missiles to essentially blow up a stretch of road. I assumed that they had chosen the flashiest and most televisual way of doing it. It turns out that this is their best plan. And it seems to be not a very good plan.

Comment

Trump's Card

ursus arctos wrote: Hoo Boy

The FBI got a FISA warrant on Carter Page

The government’s application for the surveillance order targeting Page included a lengthy declaration that laid out investigators’ basis for believing that Page was an agent of the Russian government and knowingly engaged in clandestine intelligence activities on behalf of Moscow, officials said.
                                The fascinating thing about this is that on the face of it, the Russians did far less to tip the election trump's way than the FBI.

Comment

Trump's Card

I'm not sure about the Gareth Thing. These are not esoteric things to know about.
                                  I'll bet non-Gareths everywhere don't even know the names of these things, never mind their capabilities.

Comment

Trump's Card

Ah come on calvert, These things are in the news every time America has gone to war since panama, and it would be difficult to have played computer games over the last 30 years and not have come across them. Indeed it's difficult to read about worsening tensions between China and the US over the south China Sea without reading about them. The first time trump crashed a company's stock price through twitter was when he started going on about the f-35.

Comment

Trump's Card

In other news from last night over here

Trump gave a weird interview in which he tried to distance himself from Bannon

In a brief exchange with the New York Post's Michael Goodwin on Tuesday, Trump seemed to deliberately place Bannon at arm's length, suggesting that his role as an adviser has been oversold and even appearing to threaten Bannon's job.
                                      World Class slimeball Bill O'Reilly is going on "vacation"

according to four network sources, there’s talk inside Fox News that tonight’s show could be his last. Lawyers for the law firm Paul, Weiss, hired last summer by 21st Century Fox to investigate Roger Ailes, are currently doing a “deep dive” investigation into O’Reilly’s behavior. They’re focused now on sexual harassment claims by O’Reilly guest Wendy Walsh after she reported her claims via the company’s anonymous hotline.
                                      And there was a swing of almost 25 points in the by-election for the Kansas congressional seat previously held by Mike Pompeo, who is now CIA director. Unfortunately, that meant it was still won by the GOP, as Pompeo had won by over 30 points last time in a district that includes Koch Industries' headquarters and went for Trump by 27 points. Nevertheless, the result is being seen as a warning to the Republicans that their seats may not be as safe as they had thought.

Comment

Trump's Card

ursus arctos wrote: Within 30 minutes of the end of the briefing, there was already a story that 45 is disappointed in Spicer and that he blames Priebus.
                                        Hasn't David Simon found himself in a bit of trouble for clumsily saying something that sounds similar? It would appear as though he was trying to say that assad is ahead of even Hitler at this point and if he is left to his own devices, who knows where we might end up. (Which I think is what Spicer was also trying to get at, but failing utterly)

David Judah Simon has at least one layer of protection in this floundering around about hitler, that Sean Michael Spicer doesn't,

Comment

Trump's Card

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: The first time trump crashed a company's stock price through twitter was when he started going on about the f-35.
                                          We have to fact-check you as much as Trump. He did Airforce One (Boeing) a week before that. But you don't get a boner about passenger jets.

Comment

Trump's Card

He is right about Simon, though (though Simon never said anything about "holocaust centres" or Hitler not having used chemical weapons on "his own people")

Comment

Trump's Card

ursus arctos wrote:
                                              And there was a swing of almost 25 points in the by-election for the Kansas congressional seat previously held by Mike Pompeo, who is now CIA director. Unfortunately, that meant it was still won by the GOP, as Pompeo had won by over 30 points last time in a district that includes Koch Industries' headquarters and went for Trump by 27 points. Nevertheless, the result is being seen as a warning to the Republicans that their seats may not be as safe as they had thought.
                                              Yeah. If Kansas 4 is vulnerable, then there's not a whole lot that's safe for the Republicans apart from the Alabama governorship that's about to come up.

Comment

Trump's Card

Bentley's equally nutty (but less ethically challenged) Lieutenant Governor will serve the rest of his term before the general election in 2018.

Comment

Trump's Card

Kansas has some sort of "Republicans for Obamacare" going on. That can't be very common.

Comment

Trump's Card

A lot of GOP voters depend on it and/or would be materially better off with Medicaid expansion.

They may not be organized, but that reality remains.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X