Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump's Card

Now that utter fuckwit Spicer is rattling on about Holocaust 'centres'.

This Trump thing isn't really happening, is it? It can't be. It must be some sort of mass illusion. No one could possibly vote for this circus. Could they?

Comment

Trump's Card

antoine polus wrote: Yeah, the B-2 was the plane I was thinking of.

It looks like death from the sky more than any other thing in the world.
      Satan's set square. I think it's a mercy that there are only 22 of those things. They estimate that starting at WWII, the historical rate of increase in cost and complexity of airplanes, combined with falling numbers due to cost, that by about 2050 the US will have one airplane, but it will be fucking amazing, and producing it will bankrupt the country.

I'm not sure about the Gareth Thing. These are not esoteric things to know about. Some of those planes are nearly as old as I am, and I'm not sure that I was glorifying or getting over excited about them. the only one of those planes that is remotely interesting is the one that hasn't been built yet.

The F-35 is really fascinating. It has nothing to do with the airplane itself, but that it's kind of a Doring Kindersley cut-away guide to the Military industrial complex Ponzi Scheme. Important people are going to go to Jail in a lot of countries over this.

Anyway I had to look up all that stuff about runway bombs, because I wasn't entirely sure why you would use cruise missiles to essentially blow up a stretch of road. I assumed that they had chosen the flashiest and most televisual way of doing it. It turns out that this is their best plan. And it seems to be not a very good plan.

Comment

Trump's Card

ursus arctos wrote: Hoo Boy

The FBI got a FISA warrant on Carter Page

The government’s application for the surveillance order targeting Page included a lengthy declaration that laid out investigators’ basis for believing that Page was an agent of the Russian government and knowingly engaged in clandestine intelligence activities on behalf of Moscow, officials said.
        The fascinating thing about this is that on the face of it, the Russians did far less to tip the election trump's way than the FBI.

Comment

Trump's Card

I'm not sure about the Gareth Thing. These are not esoteric things to know about.
          I'll bet non-Gareths everywhere don't even know the names of these things, never mind their capabilities.

Comment

Trump's Card

Ah come on calvert, These things are in the news every time America has gone to war since panama, and it would be difficult to have played computer games over the last 30 years and not have come across them. Indeed it's difficult to read about worsening tensions between China and the US over the south China Sea without reading about them. The first time trump crashed a company's stock price through twitter was when he started going on about the f-35.

Comment

Trump's Card

In other news from last night over here

Trump gave a weird interview in which he tried to distance himself from Bannon

In a brief exchange with the New York Post's Michael Goodwin on Tuesday, Trump seemed to deliberately place Bannon at arm's length, suggesting that his role as an adviser has been oversold and even appearing to threaten Bannon's job.
              World Class slimeball Bill O'Reilly is going on "vacation"

according to four network sources, there’s talk inside Fox News that tonight’s show could be his last. Lawyers for the law firm Paul, Weiss, hired last summer by 21st Century Fox to investigate Roger Ailes, are currently doing a “deep dive” investigation into O’Reilly’s behavior. They’re focused now on sexual harassment claims by O’Reilly guest Wendy Walsh after she reported her claims via the company’s anonymous hotline.
              And there was a swing of almost 25 points in the by-election for the Kansas congressional seat previously held by Mike Pompeo, who is now CIA director. Unfortunately, that meant it was still won by the GOP, as Pompeo had won by over 30 points last time in a district that includes Koch Industries' headquarters and went for Trump by 27 points. Nevertheless, the result is being seen as a warning to the Republicans that their seats may not be as safe as they had thought.

Comment

Trump's Card

ursus arctos wrote: Within 30 minutes of the end of the briefing, there was already a story that 45 is disappointed in Spicer and that he blames Priebus.
                Hasn't David Simon found himself in a bit of trouble for clumsily saying something that sounds similar? It would appear as though he was trying to say that assad is ahead of even Hitler at this point and if he is left to his own devices, who knows where we might end up. (Which I think is what Spicer was also trying to get at, but failing utterly)

David Judah Simon has at least one layer of protection in this floundering around about hitler, that Sean Michael Spicer doesn't,

Comment

Trump's Card

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: The first time trump crashed a company's stock price through twitter was when he started going on about the f-35.
                  We have to fact-check you as much as Trump. He did Airforce One (Boeing) a week before that. But you don't get a boner about passenger jets.

Comment

Trump's Card

He is right about Simon, though (though Simon never said anything about "holocaust centres" or Hitler not having used chemical weapons on "his own people")

Comment

Trump's Card

ursus arctos wrote:
                      And there was a swing of almost 25 points in the by-election for the Kansas congressional seat previously held by Mike Pompeo, who is now CIA director. Unfortunately, that meant it was still won by the GOP, as Pompeo had won by over 30 points last time in a district that includes Koch Industries' headquarters and went for Trump by 27 points. Nevertheless, the result is being seen as a warning to the Republicans that their seats may not be as safe as they had thought.
                      Yeah. If Kansas 4 is vulnerable, then there's not a whole lot that's safe for the Republicans apart from the Alabama governorship that's about to come up.

Comment

Trump's Card

Bentley's equally nutty (but less ethically challenged) Lieutenant Governor will serve the rest of his term before the general election in 2018.

Comment

Trump's Card

Kansas has some sort of "Republicans for Obamacare" going on. That can't be very common.

Comment

Trump's Card

A lot of GOP voters depend on it and/or would be materially better off with Medicaid expansion.

They may not be organized, but that reality remains.

Comment

Trump's Card

Well, Kansas's House and Senate just voted for the Medicaid expansion, but it was vetoed by Brownback. Lots of "moderate" (read: not completely certfiable) Kansas Republicans are in favour of the Medicaid expansion because it's completely obvious that it makes sense, but it appears that it's just not enough for them to override Brownback's veto.

Comment

Trump's Card

Which is a major reason why Brownback's approval rating is in the low 20s and trending towards Hollande levels.

One of the many failings of the DNC and establishment Democrats is their failure to keep the absolute implosion of Kochism in states like Kansas, Wisconsin and Louisiana in the forefront of voters' minds. The Brownbacks and Walkers have killed everything they have touched. That may well suit their paymasters' dystopian goals, but it isn't what any material number of voters actually want,

Comment

Trump's Card

As far as I can tell, they haven't been able to do much with it even in those states. They actually lost ground to the Republicans in Wisconsin and barely moved the needle in Kansas.

Comment

Trump's Card

It's not at all clear to me that they have even tried.

The DNC tweets about KS-04 yesterday were their first mention of Kansas in three years.

Comment

Trump's Card

Well I kind of forgot about the air force one tweet, because it reduced the price of boeing shares by 1% for a couple of hours one afternoon. But it's a relatively tiny contract. He's been slicing billions off the value of lockheed martin by repeatedly tweeting about the f-35. That's a fucking enormous trillion dollar contract, that has the future of half the military industrial complex tied up in it.

Those people have plenty of reason to be worried. particular since trump seems to be unaware that the US has already taken delivery of nearly 200 of these things, with binding contracts to make many hundreds more. And I'm not sure that Airforce One is just a passenger plane. If it was just a passenger plane, they could just lease one off a company based in Dublin, like everyone else does.

Comment

Trump's Card

Right - AirForce One is a ridiculously modified version of a passenger plane. But it was also where he learned that by mouthing off he was powerful enough to move stocks - IIRC Boeing moved more immediately, then everyone determined it really didn't matter for shit.

He is like a little kid who enjoys kicking rocks and scaring the bugs underneath. There is plenty exposure for his antics - hence auto-makers currying favor by publicizing (typically previously announced) on-shoring of functions. Hell, there is even a trading-bot that buys and sells based on 45's twitter.

Comment

Trump's Card

Trump is now in love with NATO, you couldn't make this shit up.

Comment

Trump's Card

Trump gets his briefings on North Korea from the President of Jaina:

Comment

Trump's Card

caja-dglh wrote: Right - AirForce One is a ridiculously modified version of a passenger plane. But it was also where he learned that by mouthing off he was powerful enough to move stocks - IIRC Boeing moved more immediately, then everyone determined it really didn't matter for shit.

He is like a little kid who enjoys kicking rocks and scaring the bugs underneath. There is plenty exposure for his antics - hence auto-makers currying favor by publicizing (typically previously announced) on-shoring of functions. Hell, there is even a trading-bot that buys and sells based on 45's twitter.
                                              If I were a betting man, I'd be willing to wager there are people working for the Trump Organization who are given a heads up to buy or sell before he tweets certain things.

Comment

Trump's Card

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: Hasn't David Simon found himself in a bit of trouble for clumsily saying something that sounds similar? It would appear as though he was trying to say that assad is ahead of even Hitler at this point and if he is left to his own devices, who knows where we might end up. (Which I think is what Spicer was also trying to get at, but failing utterly)
                                                You might very well be right, but given what actually came out of Spicer's mouth I'd say you're meeting him more than halfway on this one.

Comment

Trump's Card

The US has dropped "the mother of all bombs" on ISIS targets in Afghanistan. It's the most destructive non-nuclear bomb in existence, with a blast radius of one mile. This is the first time it has been used.

Comment

Trump's Card

Everything is going to work out with Russia. Trump says so.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X