Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not understanding your thought process
    My thought process is that I wouldn't expect there to be any reason to even think a court would grant a stay of an already granted order unless that order was subject to appeal (or similar - a stay pending resolution of parallel proceedings or something, but that would ordinarily be in the original order). If there' s no prospect of the order being overturned, what's the point in staying it?

Comment

His primary litigation tactic for fifty years has been to delay, especially when there is no reasonable expectation of victory

It is just what he does and has generally served him quite well.

Comment

I much preferred the original Sunset Boulevard

https://twitter.com/alexnazaryan/status/1363939830099554304

Comment

To my eyes, he's either started to actually write his own statements (or rather dictate them and leave someone else to sort out the punctuation) or someone has really nailed his grammatical style and psychological state.

Comment

I think someone's giving them a serious edit. He never sounded that coherent writing himself, more entertaining though.

Comment

The Millers (Jason and Stephen) are doing multiple drafts that he marks up

Comment

Does "crazy Nancy" being punctuated in such a way preclude a defamation action?

Comment

I’m surprised to learn of the record murder rate in New York City.

Comment

As am I

Punctuation has little to do with it. There isn't a colorable claim with or without the quotation marks, as it isn't reasonable to read it as an assertion as to her actual mental state.

Comment

Twitter suited him better as a communication medium. More concise.

Comment

I don't fully understand why they have decided not to let him keep writing tweets that would be issued as press releases, but my guess is that his rapidly increasing legal exposure is a definite factor

Comment

https://twitter.com/timothywjohnson/status/1365308804032835585

Comment

The guy is a world class POS

Comment

On so many levels. He can't possibly even realize how insincere / unconvincing he is on camera. And he's just killed a guy and fled.

Comment

South Dakota has really distinguished itself lately for terrible government. I guess it didn't like being known just for Wall Drug and Mt. Rushmore.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  I don't fully understand why they have decided not to let him keep writing tweets that would be issued as press releases, but my guess is that his rapidly increasing legal exposure is a definite factor
                                  In that regard, Twitter has actually done Trump a favour by banning him, although that doesn't explain why Don Jr. has gotten away (so far) with such outrageous Tweets given he never had such immunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                    South Dakota has really distinguished itself lately for terrible government. I guess it didn't like being known just for Wall Drug and Mt. Rushmore.
                                    "We better go ahead and hold a super-spreader event so'ins we don't get sued."

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                      I'm always disappointed given it used to elect McGovern. He seems cut more from the Minnesotan scandi-farmer-co-operative politics ala Humphrey, but the state seems to be pulled Wyoming -Montana way...

Comment

It is so small that it doesn't take much to shift the politics. The overspill from the Bakken fracking areas (in ND) and coal development in Wyoming have really tilted the state

Thune went from winning his seat by a few thousand votes in 2004 to running unopposed in 2010

Comment

Unlike Montana and Wyoming I don't see any dynamic that's likely to push it back, either. Montana already has a little tradition of being a bit purple-ish with some recent Democrat Senators and Governors. And Wyoming - while being very, very Republican - has quite a lot of incomers from blue states looking for the outdoorsy mountain adventure west. It's not changing yet, but as Ursus implies, it really doesn't take too much influx to swing a state with less than a million residents.

South Dakota really doesn't hold a whole lot of appeal for the Californians and Coloradans who're beginning to change parts of the Mountain West (even parts of Utah and Idaho, although they are much more populous so can't change fast).

Comment

https://twitter.com/KHandozo/status/1365397773386874880/photo/3

Comment

Yeah, the Dakotas are long gone from an electoral perspective

Comment

Working...
                                              X