Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
    https://twitter.com/PaulBlu/status/1357412335825125383

The only thing he forgot to do was end the letter with..... "And another thing, you lot really stink and I mean really stink, pooo-eeeeeee!!!"
    Is this authentic?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Is this authentic?

Yup: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55943998

Comment

"I'm very proud of..." cameos where he was just standing there? That qualifies as "work"?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
          "I'm very proud of..." cameos where he was just standing there? That qualifies as "work"?
          You should see my show reel from Sgorio, if you add my 20 years of screen time together you'll get 24 seconds of pure stardust.

Comment

Wasn't there the story that the reason he was in so many films was it was a condition of filming in his properties? And that most directors would leave the footage on the cutting room floor.

Chris Columbus said the Home Alone 2 cameo was supposed to follow this pattern but the audience reaction was too positive to cut it out.

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

Yeah, they paid the fee to use the lobby and then Trump wouldn't let them film unless they included him. What a turd. The CBC came in for some heat a year or two ago when they edited out his scene 'for time' in a holiday showing of HA2.

Comment

This gag never gets old:

Comment

https://twitter.com/rosiegray/status/1357809757684391941

Comment

People forget that Trump was acting in The Apprentice - they needed someone to play the part of a successful businessman, and he (a failed businessman) was convincing enough to the watching masses. But he was acting, and the whole show is fake bullshit.

Comment

Sorry. It just worked so well.

Comment

Originally posted by laverte
                          *The word performative appears many times in this thread about Trump. It owes its ubiquity to Butler, who uses it in reference to gender: we 'perform' masculinity and femininty through repeatedly and semi-obliviously enacting a 'script' of how men and women should be. It was on OTF that i began noticing how the meaning had mutated from this Butlerian usage to one that implies a much more cynical and deceptive motivation, akin to masquerade. It's tempting to see the trajectory of this word – which, before Butler, had mostly been used to describe correctly functioning machinery – as a potted history of America over the last 75 years.
                          A twist! From Alison Phipps' useful resource on (not) tackling sexual harassment and violence in liberal institutions, and their:

initiatives ostensibly about equality, that are actually about little more than generating a marketable image. These initiatives are what [Sara Ahmed] calls ‘non-performative’ – they do not produce the effects they name but substitute for them instead. A non-performative is seen as doing something, when in fact it allows institutions not to do anything else. A report produced in response to an issue, which is then used to declare that the issue has been addressed. A policy which is created and publicised, but ultimately not followed because just having the policy is what counts. In the UK, it has become important for institutions to look like they are doing something about sexual harassment and violence. But looking like and doing are not necessarily the same thing – in fact, sometimes the first allows us to escape the second.

Comment

An alternative strategy is nondecision-making, where the agenda is purposely restricted but the institution pretends otherwise:

https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-...agenda%20items.

Comment

Trump's lawyer is not drawing any praise so far. Apparently Dershowitz is on Newsmax and said that he had no idea what he's doing.

Which makes the inevitable failure to convict even more depressing.

Comment

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1359242619189157895

The second lawyer is now saying that this trial will tear the country apart more than any other event except for the Civil War.

Comment

Just remember that Alan Dershowitz definitely did not have sex with teenagers, no matter what those teenagers said for whatever personal gain.

Comment

It worries me that when the Democrats inevitably don't get the two-thirds to convict, the Trumpists will run on that acquittal fuel for years. I assume the Democrats have taken that into account in how they are going to spin the acquittal but it still makes me uneasy.

Comment

I'm curious what they think is "under threat from 'woke' US campus culture." Wait. No I'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                        I'm curious what they think is "under threat from 'woke' US campus culture." Wait. No I'm not.
                                        There's a good reason why Tonka keeps jerking his head up.

Comment

Trump's lawyers seemed to be from Lionel Hutz & Co. They even openly admired the brilliance of the opposition, the equivalent of Hutz's "oh, that guy's good, he's going to win!"

Comment

https://twitter.com/michellekinney/status/1359973073903116294

Comment

Dammit.

Comment

The evil gene always comes through.

Comment

This is like showing us the speedboat at the end of Bullseye

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                                    Trump's lawyers seemed to be from Lionel Hutz & Co. They even openly admired the brilliance of the opposition, the equivalent of Hutz's "oh, that guy's good, he's going to win!"
                                                    Competence doesn't enter into it. They could literally say, "He's guilty but he's going to get away with it and there's nothing you can do about it." and the GOP will facilitate this.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X