No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope everyone will come to realise what they turned down Sanders and Corbyn

they turned down people who were ready to fight

Just read any Weimar history for what happens next...

Comment

Sanders's chances of winning the "fight" were very low. Our system has been tilting out of balance for a long time. It's late in the game. Trump is more what happens after you've lost too many previous battles.

I think "our" big mistake was deluding ourselves that the country's fundamentals didn't stay fucked up during the Obama years. We knew they were during the Bush years. We clung to his little victories while the war was still being lost.

Comment

People are still ready to fight. I think it’s pretty offensive to everyone else if you think only Sanders wasn’t willing to tolerate Vanilla Isis threatening state governments.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
          People are still ready to fight.
          The question is what will they fight. A lot of energy into switching captains while the ship is sinking isn't effective fighting. I see us being undone by two-party capitalism and everyone still seems to love that. At least Bernie talked about a different paradigm.

Comment

Biden is the architect of the crime bill that skyrocketed the prison population. Who will he take as VP, probably Kamala Harris? The woman who turned California prison labour into a huge profit making enterprise. They are marginally better than Trump, yes. But that is the world's lowest bar.

They make Bush I or Reagan look like hippies in comparison.

The current Democratic party remind me of what happened to grunge music in the late 90s after the record companies figured out how to stamp out profitable grunge bands at ten a penny. They are Blink 182. Or late stage Metallica clamping down on teenagers for dowloading stuff on Napster. That's stealing, man.

The only way I see the US accidentally getting out of this mess is by Biden picking Warren as VP and then croaking in the first year of his presidency. And then Warren actually carrying out change...

Current odds:
            Harris 6/4
            Klobuchar 7/2
            Warren 7/2

Everyone else is 10/1 or more.
            Last edited by anton pulisov; 01-05-2020, 14:39.

Comment

https://twitter.com/nislatr/status/1256225650777694208?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                Good article by Fintan O'Toole in The Irish Times (copied here as it's behind a paywall):

As the American writer George Packer puts it in the current edition of the Atlantic, “The United States reacted ... like Pakistan or Belarus – like a country with shoddy infrastructure and a dysfunctional government whose leaders were too corrupt or stupid to head off mass suffering.”

."
                I would think Pakistan and Belarus would be consulting their lawyers after this comparison !

Comment

Auschwitz is trending on Twitter because of this:

[URL="https://twitter.com/Dennis_Kosuth/status/1256309653455003648"]https://twitter.com/Dennis_Kosuth/st...09653455003648[/URL]

Comment

JB is the Jewish governor of Illinois, so it's a clever "we've come full circle" jab.

Comment

https://twitter.com/nils_gilman/status/1256962410264457217?s=21

Comment

Can’t see Pelosi and co fighting anyone- apart from Tara Reade of course.

Comment

Another plug for The New Abnormal with Molly Jong-Fast & Rick Wilson

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...n/id1508202790

Comment

So what's this about his insisting he was wearing a mask when he clearly wasn't?

Comment

The gaslighting portion of his nonsense has increased significantly in recent weeks.

Comment

So this instance was as blatant as people were saying?

Comment

When did he say this?

Comment

https://twitter.com/zachjourno/status/1258100091967229958

Comment

0 seconds is technically a period of time.

Comment

Is it? I'm not sure about that

Comment

Flynn's off the hook, I see.

Comment

I think you mean "vindicated, entirely innocent of any wrong doing, and victim of a witch-hunt by the FBI".

Comment

EXONERATED, YOU LIBTARDS!

(Is that right?)

Comment

1) Now we know why the lead prosecutor resigned a few days ago.

2) The presiding judge, to whom Flynn has repeatedly confirmed his plea, still has to approve the dismissal (though he probably will)

3) Every decent federal criminal defense lawyer in the country is going to turn the arguments that the DOJ is making against absolutely standard FBI procedure against them in current and future cases.

Meanwhile,

https://twitter.com/alivelshi/status/1258514964513345536

Comment

"One" of his valets? How many does he need?

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                                                    "One" of his valets? How many does he need?

"Will it be the dark business suit with the overlong red tie today, sir, or the dark business suit with the overlong blue tie?"

Comment

Working...
                                                    X