No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[URL]https://twitter.com/jkbloodtreasure/status/1243698595049635842?s=21[/URL]

Comment

At least his signature is illegible?

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/berniesanders/status/1244264480651051013?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Just four more years of this to go, folks, because he's getting back in.

Comment

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1243693063601446913

Comment

However, the quality of support that Biden has is quite weak.

Edit: these bar charts show the level of enthuasism for each candidate.

Comment

They can't vote more than once

Yet

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  They can't vote more than once

Yet
                  No but I think it gives an indication about whether people will come out to vote in the first place.

Comment

Whereas I take comfort in what happened in the midterms

Anyone who tells you that the outcome is certain is either lying, an idiot or both.

I'm just trying to provide some factual counterpoint to the general sense of doom on here, much of which comes from people outside the US.

Comment

If Fauci's scenario of 200,000 deaths comes to pass, I don't see how Trump survives that. Obviously that's far too high a price to pay just to remove a scumbag, but it's where we are (in reality, a small fraction of those deaths would finish him, depending on how they were distributed).

Comment

The support analysis is nonsense. One candidate is in a competitive primary. One isn't. The support will shift as the field narrows to one. And even so - it is well recognized that the Trump base is very well engaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                          If Fauci's scenario of 200,000 deaths comes to pass, I don't see how Trump survives that. Obviously that's far too high a price to pay just to remove a scumbag, but it's where we are (in reality, a small fraction of those deaths would finish him, depending on how they were distributed).
                          like this:

[URL]https://twitter.com/juliusgoat/status/1244422166839537664?s=21[/URL]

Comment

It is all about managing expectations...

It's hard to see how Trump can sustain the hit that even the most optimistic outcome would be to his marginal support. Those deaths are going to happen throughout his base. Plus the economy is likely going to stay fucked.

Comment

Highest approval ratings since early 2017, according to 538.

Is this thing going to get him re-elected, like how 9/11 and Iraq got Bush re-elected?

Comment

Much too early to tell. The popularity ratings have not been translating into voting intentions, though.

Meanwhile, it Death Cult news

https://twitter.com/JeffreyGoldberg/status/1244657244429565952

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                  Highest approval ratings since early 2017, according to 538.

Is this thing going to get him re-elected, like how 9/11 and Iraq got Bush re-elected?
                                  His approval ratings seem notably worse than almost every other world leader. Political leaders almost always get temporary boosts in times of crisis. It's impossible to know if this increases as the crisis extends or if reversion starts already.

Comment

Yeah, again, wait until this starts to peak before assigning much meaning to his approval ratings. A lot of people are still in denial, or were recently.

Comment

I really think we need to wait until we see how the economy washes out - is it able to switch off and switch back on again with everyone behaving as before? The US public is notoriously bad at separating the causes of economic downturns from whoever the President it. Just because everyone is having economic shitstorms as a result of covid19 - so it's clearly not a US specific clusterfuck - doesn't mean the US public won't blame Donald.

Comment

Guess who used his inside voice outside again?

"levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again"

Comment

Trump has a corporate coterie lined up to kiss his ass at today's press conference. Relevance to virus unclear. One guy ("My Pillow"?) tells us God delivered Trump, and prayer is the answer now.

Comment

The My Pillow clown is one of Fox News' biggest advertisers,. particularly on the more extreme shows that have lost mainstream adverts.

Comment

Why are people so excited about the idea of people converting factories to make ventilators?

Also does he only know 400 words?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                The My Pillow clown is one of Fox News' biggest advertisers,. particularly on the more extreme shows that have lost mainstream adverts.
                                                CNN cut away, possibly because Trump was breaching its advertising rules.

Comment

He's called two different reporters "snarky". Storms off now.

Population of Seoul is 38 million, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                                    Why are people so excited about the idea of people converting factories to make ventilators?
                                                    How'd you mean? I didn't see this press conference.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X