Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't hear a lot of people arguing that he is only a careless renegade

He's a careless narcissist, which makes him a perfect target for those who want something out of him.

Comment

I hear a lot of suggestions that he can't be controlled, that he obeys his id (which is narcissistic, authoritarian, bullying, and vengeful). I don't hear many suggestions that he's being directly manipulated by people with leverage over him. Within the government he seems to drive more people away from him who tried to have some leverage than keep them around.

Comment

The first part is clearly true.

The second part is all over the place (see the Evangelicals, the Saudis, the Federalist Society, the Neo-Cons, the Trade Hawks, the anti-Public School lobby, Resource Extraction companies, etc.)

We must just read different sources.

To me, the connection between them is very clear, as the easiest way to manipulate him is to appeal to his narcissism.

Comment

All the reports seem to say the last person in the room with him can persuade him of their cause. It's why Kelly was so keen to lock down access to him.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            To me, the connection between them is very clear, as the easiest way to manipulate him is to appeal to his narcissism.

Speaking of which, I'm a little surprised that no-one has suggested to him that if he put himself and the US in the vanguard of the fight against climate change that his reputation would be secured, i.e. show him the glory that would attend positive actions. He sort of gets it, as indicated by his actions towards North Korea.

Comment

The Republican Party are utterly beholden to the types of folks who profit from doing fuck all about it but. And a good part of Trump's base are the kind of folk who take pleasure in being contrarian, anti msm propaganda science. He wouldn't want to risk them that love him turning on him. Whereas no one (even the biggest jerk) really wants war with North Korea.

Comment

The Coal guys got to him first

Comment

I wasn't talking about persuasion, I was talking about leverage per se. I don't hear it discussed much.

Comment

You know how you have to check the latest Trumpism because you never know when it's a parody?

I assumed the Paradise blather was a piss-take, so I still haven't learned.

Comment

parasite

why would Trump not like a film called Parasite I wonder

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1230658494694596608?s=20

Comment

Out and out racism; no more, no less.

Comment

It is what got him where he is and who he has always been

Comment

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1230663709107871744?s=20

Comment

He's just pissed off that a film titled Parasite wasn't all about him and his many progeny.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post

I assumed the Paradise blather was a piss-take ...
                                Clearly I struggle with Korean names.

Maybe wishful thinking, but the two women behind him don't look overly impressed.

Comment

He comes across as a really shit observational comic.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenlander View Post
                                    He comes across as a really shit observational comic.
                                    Yeah, as if Michael McIntyre decided to become a Nazi.

Comment

I love his "why don't they make films like *** any more" choices - Gone With The Wind & Sunset Boulevard.

My dad would have come up with more recent films that that and he's nearly 100

Comment

Trump pardoning Stone now rather than after November might be viewed as acknowledging he could lose the election so might be risky purely on those terms.

On Parasite, he seems to think that he only needs angry white voters over 45 and has forgotten that he needed some non-Muslim Asian votes in 2016. He's never gone after non-Muslim Asians as being unAmerican before and this would indicte that he's making white supremacy more explicit rather than implicit in those he goes after.

An obvious point is also that he would not attack a British, i.e. white, Oscar winner.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post

Yeah, as if Michael McIntyre decided to become a Nazi.

Strange how it takes a blow job to bring out McIntyre's most right wing urges.

Comment

Trump is the distilled essence of a tabloid editor, who sees his ideal reader and the person for whom he writes his headlines as Archie Bunker.

Comment

I assumed that the Parasite thing was inserted into his speech (for him to riff off) by his advisers who know that Trump saying something ridiculous, racist, stupid, but ultimately relatively harmless, is a good way of distracting people from the real hardcore corruption at work this week in terms of pardoning Trump-like criminals and the Roger Stone sentencing and replacing the head of national intellligence who deigned to point out to congress the Russian intent to help Trump in the 2020 election with someone totally unqualified but loyal.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/amandionair/status/1231201771642552323?s=21[/URL]

Comment

https://twitter.com/bitteranagram/status/1232785004897406976?s=20

Comment

Working...
                                                  X