No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's my assumption about any of the above, that is.

Comment

I'm sure most every diplomatic Corps (if not head of state) thinks he's a fuckwit, but some think him a fuckwit who advances their Govt's evil bullshit.

Comment

Ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
          My premise is that no other government has a positive opinion of Trump's. Could be wrong.
          OK, well I suppose I can say it again. I didn't say that she had a positive opinion of Trump; she has perhaps a slightly less negative opinion than Darroch held two years ago, thus allowing her to truthfully say that she didn't agree with him.

Comment

I'm assuming that his obvious ineptitude is a key factor in other governments' negative view of him. I'd be surprised if May didn't think he was inept.

Comment

Why does Trump keep talking about this? All it achieves is to remind everyone that even their Salacious B Crumb thinks that their president is an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                Why does Trump keep talking about this? All it achieves is to remind everyone that even their Salacious B Crumb thinks that their president is an imbecile.
                Because Trump is Trump. There is virtually nothing even 1% admirable about him, Even the dreaded May has come out of this episode with a smidgen of credit to her name,

Comment

Given May's utter incompetence at every level, from political operator to basic human being, why are we assuming she is in any way capable of any credible judgement of DT?

Comment

Because all attention on him implies no attention on any Democrat hopefuls for the next elections. It's how he got this gig in the first place: keep hogging the media coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by ooh aah View Post
                      Given May's utter incompetence at every level, from political operator to basic human being, why are we assuming she is in any way capable of any credible judgement of DT?
                      She doesn't need to be particularly competent herself, she just needs to be able to recognize that Trump isn't, and I'd rate her above the level of vapidity that couldn't or wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post

Because all attention on him implies no attention on any Democrat hopefuls for the next elections. It's how he got this gig in the first place: keep hogging the media coverage.
                        But this isn't good attention. This is their lickspittle calling them a dangerous simpleton. Also it is clearly true.

Comment

For intelligent people it isn't good attention, but for his core voters it's just more proof that he's on their side.

Comment

Trump's own cabinet appointees have called him that many times over. It's the same response every time.

Comment

Darroch has resigned

Comment

But this isn't good attention. This is their lickspittle calling them a dangerous simpleton. Also it is clearly true.
                                That doesn't matter. The goal is to suck up all the attention. If no good attention is available, generate some bad attention, so that nothing remains for the others.

If Trump speaks about airports in the civil war, we laugh, but he once again sucks up all the attention. If Trump keeps talking about the British ambassador, we think he's a bloody idiot, but we're all talking about Trump again. I am not convinced that this is not deliberate.

Comment

Darroch resigns, Trump wins and will revel in this victory.

Despite any bluster to the contrary it's Trump who decides on which British diplomats he might feel inclined to work with.

Comment

It is very deliberate

Among the things it is currently stealing time and attention from are Epstein, the adminstration's ongoing series of losses in court, Barr's willingness to do anything his boss asks for, the Iranians taking advantage of his petulant renunciation of the Iran Deal, the absolute dud that is the Kushner "Mideast plan" and New York State facilitating the delivery of his state tax returns to Congress.

The degree to which his people listen to the likes of Farrage may be hard to believe, but really shouldn't be discounted. Keep in mind, for instance, that the US Ambassador to the UK stands to benefit handsomely from any weakening of the NHS.

Comment

Any take on the emoluments case that the 4th Circuit just threw out?

Comment

From the bits of it that I've seen they really had to reach to get there, but that's what the Fourth Circuit does.

Comment

Have you guys seen this? This will actually make me read the Mueller Report

We hired the author of 'Black Hawk Down' and an illustrator from 'Archer' to adapt the Mueller report so you'll actually read it
                                          Last edited by Femme Folle; 11-07-2019, 01:03.

Comment

The author is going to be carrying the load there, unless they are inventing things or having everyone in cosplay.

Comment

It's a little lopsided, but I like the drawings. I think they help break it up so that simpletons like me don't get too bored reading the text.

Comment

So that's a complete cave on the citizenship question, combined with further admissions that establish that the administration's entire litigation strategy was grounded on lies. They may actually get hit with sanctions here, the judges are understandably livid.

Comment

That's entertainingly good news. This administration are still corrupt and evil, but it's a blessed relief that they are so incredibly incompetent at it.

Comment

It's impossible to be a competent authoritarian in a liberal system. That's why they always stack the courts and kill journalists.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X