No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now I read that he's threatening to shut down the government if Dems continue the impeachment proceedings. I keep hoping against hope that some powerful person in the GOP will say enough is enough. At some point, supporting the dictator is going to backfire on them, right????

​​​​​​

Comment

No one... no one, likes being threatened. At some point they'll bite back.

Comment

Only if he is perceived as a real threat to them keeping control of the Senate. If that ever comes into play, they will turn on him in a heartbeat.

Comment

I think the Senate comes more in play after 2020, if Trump is re-elected. They won't want a repeat of 2005-2008, and there's no real incentive to keep propping him up by that point, as a lame duck.

There's also the question of whether the Democratic Party actually wants him to be removed before Nov 2020, the danger being that the GOP could regroup around a less toxic candidate before that date. They have to keep this process playing out for another 12 months somehow, ideally with a bombshell on the Friday before the election like the one Comey exploded under HRC.

Comment

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1191786531205320706

Comment

It was a very good impeachment testimony, a perfect impeachment testimony.

Comment

Doubtless this fucker will be thrown under the Twitter bus soon. Rudy and Fox News casting him as a Never Trump weenie.

Comment

I mean, I have to ask, are we really sure that Trump knows what it means, given that he often struggles with English?

Comment

Trump stuff from late-night TV has mostly been made redundant by reality, but this is just too insane to pass up:

Comment

"Gordon did one! Gordon did a quid pro quo! Mummy! Come and have a look at Gordon's quid pro quo!"

Comment

Does Jim Jordan not understand that it might be a bad look for him, in particular, to claim to have seen nothing absolutely explicitly wrong in what Trump's doing, and if you take the most charitable possible view of every action perhaps it wasn't as bad as it appears, and that people should not bother to investigate further and ask any questions.

Comment

He is genuinely too stupid to be worried about that

Comment

So he might actually have been the only person on campus in ohio State unaware that the doctor was abusing the wrestlers on the team he was coaching?

Because he would have had to have been really stupid to miss that one.

Comment

I know that it is hard to believe, but I think there is a genuine chance that is in fact the case

Comment

And his former aide who turned out to be a menace to every handsome young conservative man in washington? For a virulent homophobe he has strange associates.

Comment

He certainly isn't unique among virulent homophobes in that.

I wouldn't bet a nickel on it, but he is dumb as dirt.

Comment

Hamlet, Gertrude, protesting....

Comment

Two million dollar fine for abusing charitable contributions, plus importantly his own admission that he did so. Lock him up.

Comment

Look who is in the news

[URL="https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1192815044217786373?s=21"]https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1192815044217786373[/URL]

Comment

Is this a problem for him?

Comment

It hasn't been so far, but you know very well how long it can take when extremely powerful institutions are involved

Comment

It seems that at the time of the investigation he swore blind that he didn't know, and no-one came out to directly contradict him. now two people have. The Initial situation would have made it impossible to have a political career in Ireland, but this would finish you completely, as long as you weren't called Gerry Adams. I just wonder does this sort of thing still matter in Trump's Republican Party. It is going to make it difficult for him to lead the charge for Trump at this impeachment inquiry. He's going to have to hide from the media.

Comment

A Democrat hasn't won that seat since 1936

And Fox and Sinclair aren't going to ask him about it

We have yet to have the nationwide reckoning that you have

Comment

The circus is in town. I got through 10 seconds of Nunes on Youtube slandering the civil service.
                                                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 13-11-2019, 15:37.

Comment

They have no defence, so we are going to see weeks of this, which presumably plays well on Fox News once edited.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X