Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's quite the "ideas guy," isn't he.

Comment

He'll just have to do with some angry sea bass instead.

Comment

Angry mutated sea bass.

Comment

I'm wondering if someone out there has said that we were all mean to Krijsten Neilsen because of how Trump talked to her, and we just didn't understand what she was going through.

Comment

Maggie Haberman will get to that as soon as she is finished taking dictation from Ivanka

Comment

oooh owned

Comment

I've been wondering what help Trump thinks he could get from Italy, Australia and the UK in discrediting Mueller. The closest I can get is the Steel Dossier coming from Britain. But otherwise, what would it be?

Comment

Also, what a fucking idiot. Mueller basically let him off the hook. Why take a risk trying to discredit it?

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                    I've been wondering what help Trump thinks he could get from Italy, Australia and the UK in discrediting Mueller. The closest I can get is the Steel Dossier coming from Britain. But otherwise, what would it be?
                    Steele is British, and recall that 45 accused GCHQ of "spying" on his campaign. The Aussies were the ones who first alerted the US to Papadopolous' meeting with Mifsud. Mifsud has operated out of Italy (and Papadopolous' wife is Italian).

They are trying to get the governments of each of the intelligence services who contributed to the US Intelligence Community consensus report to at least cast doubt upon their contributions (in their fantasy world, they will disavow them and "admit" that they were participating in a grand plot orchestrated by the Clintons, the FBI and the CIA.

They are really that batshit crazy and all of the institutional brakes on process have been removed.

Comment

That Finland exchange is a pretty good illustration of the yawning gap between Pundit Wisdom and reality. As mentioned upthread, in some Australian commentary there is still this attitude of "a big buddy-up with the President is good by definition". Who the President is and what he says doesn't matter, us plebs will still be impressed, apparently.

When the NZ PM went to New York we had the same Media Reckons, and you just wonder where on earth these people have been. I was dreading the kind of encounter that Finland got, Trump would have put his hand on Ardern's knee and spouted jibberish, and she would have had a frozen smile. In the end she got off lightly.

I just find it bizarre that so many "commentators" think that you can continue with all the diplomatic niceties, everything on auto-pilot as if nothing has happened. And it will be Good for the nation and its leader, because ... well, because White House.

Small Nation Syndrome is alive and well, I guess. "Thank you for noticing us", even if you're a total shit. At least one NZ journo had a photo of him at the White House as his Twitter profile, going back to Dubya's time. It makes them feel serious, and their self-esteem is the real issue for them (whether the bulk of voters agree is another matter).

Comment

Any bets on what Linick has and why it was so urgent to meet with congressional staff today?

Comment

Presumably he feared that Pompeo was going to lock everything down and effectively criminalise co-operation with the House investigations. I expect that he has details of a number of other problematic conversations that were disappeared from the official record.

Comment

Well, that's all very comforting. One probably can't subpoena those locked-down conversations if nobody knows they officially exist.

Comment

Linick is going to give them a host of leads on which to follow up, and likely deliver a number of documents.

Comment

Every time I see something new from Rudy, he appears to have lost it even more. This time he's suggesting a lawsuit against Congress because they're asking questions about the President and therefore restricting his ability to be President.

It's hard to know whether he's a completely senile idiot, a piece of performance art, or just in a desperate panic throwing anything at all out there because he's scared of going to prison.

Comment

Nothing to see here. Let's focus on Trump saying something stupid to the press instead.

Comment

I say that because I hardly see reports of this on Politico, Slate, RCP, Huffpost, etc.

Comment

They do entertainment now.

Comment

I see that the stable genius is at it again.

Comment

The Grauniad has decided not to embed his most incendiary Tweets in its live updates. They should be Exhibit A in his removal on grounds of mental incapacity, not just criminality.

Harris has written to Twitter in a stunt to get him banned on there but I'd have thought her party's candidate would have a better chance of beating him by letting him keep ranting away.

Comment

The hits keep coming ("he" is Rudy!)

[URL="https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/1179563883935272961?s=21"]https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/1179563883935272961[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                                            X