No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zinke is out, maybe Mulvaney can run Interior as well.

This thread (click through to read) is good on why the wildcat ruling from Texas is NOT a death sentence for Obamacare.

https://twitter.com/nicholas_bagley/status/1073782835637641216?s=21

Comment

Was it a "hey, pick me for SCOTUS next time" ruling?

Comment

Nah, it’s more I’m a reactionary hack who tries to undermine Obama era legislation at every opportunity.

Comment

So, Zinke huh? What particular dirt is about to come out on him that forced him out now, after the mid-terms and before he's sold off all of Utah's federal land to his mining buddies? It has to be big.

Comment

I'm not sure that is necessarily the case.

There are something like a dozen current investigations, two of which were initiated by this Administration's DOJ and my bet is simply that Kelly wanted him out before he left and before the Democrats take over the House (Kelly's wanted him out for months). There is only so long that shower of shit can be delayed, and he never had the close personal relationships with Trumpworld that other "embattled" cabinet members have.

Zinke may also have realised that it is going to be easier to defend all of this without serving as a Cabinet Secretary (I assume that his rant about the incoming Chairman of the Interior Committee being a hopeless drunk was a sign that he didn't intend to be around for his first hearing).

Comment

The Interior Committee can still force him to attend hearings, can't they? Although I see your point that it might not be a single immediate revelation that's going to come out.

Comment

They would have to subpoena him, whereas they don't have to use that device for sitting Secretaries.

Comment

Any great problem with getting a subpoena?

Comment

Traditionally it is a last resort for Congressional committees.

This Post piece is a useful survey of the principal legal challenges 45 and his companies are facing at the moment.

It is genuinely difficult for even those paying close attention to keep them all in mind.
                    Last edited by ursus arctos; 16-12-2018, 01:27.

Comment

According to the New York Times, Zinke has been "a key figure in the president's plan to reshape the nation's environmental framework." Steady on!

Comment

Stable genius at work

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1074302851906707457?s=21

Comment

Even his base must be getting tired of these tweets. He's just coming across as completely deranged now.

Comment

You silly man.

Comment

https://twitter.com/futuropolist/status/1074327409934004225

Has he no friends to tell him not to do things like this?

Comment

Rhetorical question, eh?

Comment

There are far fewer MAGAmaniacs replying to Trump’s Tweets than there were even six months ago, and those who do reply are often kinda subdued and half-hearted. They’re not singing anymore.

Comment

Trump called Michael Cohen a rat. He's doubtless done this before, but wow.

This is like Love/Hate.

Comment

It seems I taught "Darren" in a workshop once. He played the banjo as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                                        According to the New York Times, Zinke has been "a key figure in the president's plan to reshape the nation's environmental framework." Steady on!
                                        Not wrong, when you actually look at what the plan entails.

Comment

Trump to be interviewed by Müller "over my dead body", says Giuliani.

Seems like a good deal all round.

Comment

Every time I see Rudy on the Telly, I find it harder to believe that the Mafia Commision trial got over the line at all.

Comment

That was more than 30 years ago, TAB.

And he had the best prosecutors in the Southern District to get the hard yards.

Comment

]https://twitter.com/craigtimberg/status/1074418993098866688?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  That was more than 30 years ago, TAB.

And he had the best prosecutors in the Southern District to get the hard yards.
                                                  yeah, but still. This Rudy would have definitely set that case on fire.

Comment

Without question.

Even more so if he was on the defence side. This Rudy might actually have made the Mob a thing of the past in New York under those circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X