Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
    For God's sake don't do a Google search.
    We Hereby Deputize Gerontophile to compile a brief report. It seems like he may be the best equipped to navigate such treacherous and arcane waters.

Comment

Today in North Korea on the Potomac

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1062050646633967616?s=19

Comment

Ha ha. Republicans not happy that the transferable vote in ME-02 could be going against them.

https://twitter.com/KevinMillerPPH/status/1062359689915219968

Comment

Another of your favourite topics

https://twitter.com/bradplumer/status/1062378649851179008?s=21

Comment

“Instead of respecting this important constitutional principle, the RCV Act directly contravenes it by denying individuals who obtained the highest number of votes after the first round of balloting – in this case, Bruce Poliquin – from being declared the winner of the general election,”

What a completely bonkers argument. Mississippi and Georgia and Louisiana have run-offs if no candidate gets 50%...

Comment

Yeah, I just read that they're getting $2 billion dollars in incentives and tax credits, 'with plans to apply for more'. One of the world's most valuable companies - laying waste to the US retail landscape - is a welfare queen.

Comment

Is there any chance that "state aid" could get some attention after this Amazon lark, Ursus?

Comment

SB, they are called “Mainiacs” for a reason

Comment

Tubbs, as I think I’ve said before, it is much too baked in to the US “system” for there to be a serious challenge.

The best we can hope for in the short to medium term are challenges to and bans on particularly egregious examples, such as sports franchises extorting zillions from local governments. The fact that Amazon got more than a hundred of these offers demonstrates just how bad it is.

Comment

In similar news, a non-binding vote is begin held today on whether the good people of Calgary want to host another Winter Olympics. The same games that everyone around the world is running from, due to cost overruns, corruptions, etc etc.

NY Times article here....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/s...-olympics.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                        I've said to myself all along, why are Democrats pinning their hopes on a Republican investigator of a Republican administration? And while we're at it, how abject to make James "reopen the investigation" Comey a hero. Not to mention the McCain fetish, and even the brief Lindsay fucking Graham fetish.
                        Thanks for reminding me about Comey. I knew there were more, but it is hard to keep thoughts straight in this maelstrom.

Even Jeff Flake was a hero of the left for about 48 hours.

Comment

Sports franchises would be a good start.

Will these drop at midnight, like the Arizona updates? I've quite enjoyed checking them out the last couple of days.

Is Mimi Walters really awful? I keep thinking it's Mimi Rogers running for the Republicans.

https://twitter.com/mayasweedler/status/1062178233179721728

Comment

We need SB's local knowledge for that.

From the California Secretary of State's site [url=https://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/status]it looks like Orange County's last update was about 6:00 pm local time on Saturday (2 am your time Sunday morning).

Comment

I keep getting Mimi Waters confused with Maxine Walters, which I think both of them would hate.

I don't actually know enough about Mimi Waters to know if she's particularly bad. California Republicans are often terrible - Nunes, Issa, Hunter, McCarthy. But Waters represents a part of Orange County that's going to be a bit less insane than the redneck or farm districts that some of the others represent, so perhaps she's not *as* bad.

From what I've heard, there are something like 4 million ballots still to be counted in California, so any of the races that haven't been called are probably still genuinely live.

Comment

The terrible looking pizza in the photo of Mimi Waters in Tubby's link suggests that she can't be trusted to get even the simple things right. But if you read the caption, you'll realise it was given to her by John Cox, and you'd absolutely expect John Cox to deliver cheap, bad pizza.

Comment

Whatever the deal on Amazon, there is no chance it is as bad a deal as the whole Foxconn crazy.

The latest on Foxconn was that - due to the low unemployment level and re-calibration of the facility - many jobs are expected to go to Chinese H1-B visa applicants.
                                  Last edited by caja-dglh; 13-11-2018, 19:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                                    For God's sake don't do a Google search.
                                    I think... I actually think that I may have this one covered.

*anyone got a cub scout uniform for a 52-y-old?

**I just accused myself, right there. Mr Graham will laugh her ass off.

Comment

Well this Mira Ricardel thing is weird. Is she sacked or not, and who’s choosing anyway?

Comment

Indeed it is

https://twitter.com/eamonjavers/status/1062447858245345281?s=21

Comment

. https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1062450535784038400

Comment

Comment

Could he not afford the other 42 stars to put on his flag, or is there a deeper meaning?

Comment

They are there.

They are just covered with coal dust.

It is what a competitionist does.

Comment

Android clock on the left?

wtf

Comment

Orange County update shows Katie Porter is now ahead of Mimi Waters in CA-45. It's much harder to tell what the state of play is in CA-39, because that's spread across multiple counties and they don't necessarily update as efficiently as Orange.
                                                    Last edited by San Bernardhinault; 14-11-2018, 01:28.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X