• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another knee slapper

https://twitter.com/maxboot/status/1049451517907005440?s=21]

Comment

Gee, ya think?

Comment

Kavanaugh's family seems to have recovered from the trauma of being in the public eye now that Trump has declared him proven innocent.

Comment

Why don't the useless Dems win easily (part 100)?

One answer is they can win the (suppressed) popular vote by 8 points and still not pick up a single seat in swing states North Carolina, Ohio and Wisconsin. They can win the house by 12 points and not pick up a seat in Wisconsin.

Comment

Absolute control of all parts of Government( executive legislature and judiciary) despite a minority in the popular vote -sure looks like a coup to me.

Comment

I can name... Mitch McConnell, Susan Collins, Ted Cruz, mukowksi, flake, Rubio, hatch, feinstein, manchin, Bernie, Warren. That's it I think. The rest are corpses

Comment

Is it possible to impeach Kavanaugh? He definitely lied to congress. He lied a lot.

Comment

I've been talking about that for at least a week

It is very possible that a House with a Democratic majority would impeach him. It is virtually impossible that any conceivable Senate would convict and remove him.

Comment

Ah, is it the whole two thirds thing? I haven't been able to bring myself to read about this process for about a week. It's too fucking grim.

Comment

Yeah

Majority of the House to impeach, two thirds of the Senate to convict.

Comment

The descendants of slave owners benefit from a constitution written by slave owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                          Absolute control of all parts of Government( executive legislature and judiciary) despite a minority in the popular vote -sure looks like a coup to me.
                          Yep.

I don't know what the Dems have to win the house by to gain control. Seen people say as much as 7 points. I don't know if they're going to manage that. By contrast, the Republicans in 2014 only won by 4.7 points. That got them 247-188.

Comment

Nikki Haley has resigned as Ambassador to the UN

Comment

Huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                Yep.

I don't know what the Dems have to win the house by to gain control. Seen people say as much as 7 points. I don't know if they're going to manage that. By contrast, the Republicans in 2014 only won by 4.7 points. That got them 247-188.
                                Today's House race estimates.

Comment

That's cheered me up a bit, Amor.

Comment

A cautiously positive article on the decline of female GOP voters.

I didn't know that more women than men voted in US elections by such a significant margin. Nor that the male shift away from Dems began during the Civil Rights era. We really do wear the black hats don't we?

Comment

From what I am hearing the Dems seem fairly confident in North Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        Nikki Haley has resigned as Ambassador to the UN
                                        I'd like to applaud joyfully, but experience suggests that as impossible as it always seems, Trump invariably finds someone even worse.

Probably Sheldon Adelson

Comment

Please Lord. Not John Bolton.

Comment

Better that than NSA. I mean, it was one thing under Bush, but it's not like Bolton could make the Trump admin more hostile to the UN than it already is.

Comment

Indeed, I'd much rather have Bolton at the UN.

There's very little question the new person will be worse than Haley. She was always going to go, but I'm wondering if the timing is linked to the tame reaction to the Saudis disappearing Khashoggi and/or the absolute non-reaction to the IPCC Report.

Comment

Originally posted by adams house cat View Post
                                                From what I am hearing the Dems seem fairly confident in North Carolina.
                                                Glad to hear that. Maybe they're expecting to better than nationwide there, and pick up a couple of seats?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  I've been talking about that for at least a week

It is very possible that a House with a Democratic majority would impeach him. It is virtually impossible that any conceivable Senate would convict and remove him.
                                                  If a house impeachment proceeding shows illegality - such as perjury - would federal prosecutors be obliged to prosecute? And if Kavanugh was locked up, would that be enough to persuade the Senate (I assume the answer is "no" to pretty much anything Kavanaugh might have done, including murder)?

Comment

Jesus fucking Christ:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1049638803177127936

Comment

Working...
                                                    X