• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that he's got no bails.

Comment

I'm not even sure there was a ball.

Comment

Reports are that HHS doesn't really know how many children were separated from their families, or where they are, or who they are. They may have to resort to DNA testing to match children with families. There is no way that they can test that many people in such a short time. Also, what will be done with the samples once taken and tested? Are they going to be kept for use in some future investigations?

The cruelty and brutality of this squalid affair is only matched by its incompetence.

Comment

Those "outsiders" showing everybody how it's done.

Comment

Trump's just disrupting families. Move fast and break things. Like the social fabric.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1015243998728998913

Comment

Daniel Dale is a champ. He'll also need some form of counseling / mild sedation roughly two and a half years from now.

Comment

https://twitter.com/alexiscoe/status/1015934611313102848?s=21

Comment

Could go in the Corbyn thread too- an account from a volunteer on the Ocadio-Cortez campaign.

Comment

They are asking for more time to return the under fives to their families. They don't know where some of the families are and it is believed that some of the parents have actually been deported. Words fail me.

Comment

What if trump decided to dismantle the Statue of Liberty and send it back to France? Who would stop him?

Comment

Maybe they sort of thought this would work like the IKEA ball room: once you were done being deported and shit, you'd just turn up and point to your kid and they'd return him.

I mean...seriously...nobody took records, names, photos, etc?

Comment

If only

From the beginning, a "residual benefit" of the policy to the ghouls was that it provided a "source of supply" to Evangelical, for profit adoption agencies.

Comment

Please tell me that's conjecture and not actually written down someplace.

Comment

No WOM. It doesn't appear so. It is genuinely frightening. There doesn't seem to be anything to prevent some pervert or trafficker just pointing at a kid and saying "That's mine." and spiriting them away to God knows what hell.

I don't know FF. Whose to stop him sending in a crew of masons and having his likeness carved into Mt. Rushmore? Every day brings new enormities.

Comment

We will never know, but the circumstantial evidence is very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by adams house cat View Post
                                    No WOM. It doesn't appear so. It is genuinely frightening. There doesn't seem to be anything to prevent some pervert or trafficker just pointing at a kid and saying "That's mine." and spiriting them away to God knows what hell.
                                    I think has probably already happened. There was an article somewhere about HHS failing to properly vet foster homes and some children may have been given to known traffickers. I will try to find the article.

Comment

Is Chris Cuomo as aggravating as I think he is, or am I being snap-judgy again? He sounds like one of those 'get in there and mix it up' assholes that should be hosting an NFL sports talk show.

Comment

He strikes me that way too. I've never listened to him long enough to learn what he thinks, but he really seems like he belongs on ESPN.

Comment

Dunno if this lives here or on Brexit.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...ld-trump-heaps

Given the RAF flypast today, can they go and earn their corn on Friday, and deny UK airspace to Airforce One?

Comment

Not a big fan of Cuomo either but compared with O'Reilly or Haggerty... I think his hearts in the right place.

So Brett Kavanaugh has been nominated. No real surprise. I think he will be in for a tough confirmation ride but he will get through unless the dems have delaying strategies I don't know about. The Court will lurch to the right, of course but I think Roe v Wade will be safe. At least for now.

ON the North Carolina front the Reps are proposing to cut funding for the care of adults with developmental disabilities.

Comment

Roe v Wade will be "safe:, and not overturned, so the justices can claim that they are defending precedent. But they will allow all the ridiculous state restrictions that shut down abortion providers to pass. It will become effectively impossible for people to get abortions in the deep south, and much of the plains and mountain west, I imagine.

Kavanaugh seems like a horrible justice, but one who doesn't have too much that's completely out-there that will prevent confirmation.

My best hope for the confirmation hearings is that the Dems completely open up on the Starr investigation and get Kavanaugh to effectively commit to the idea of special counsel doing their job properly. But he'll get confirmed. Corker and Collins and Murkowski might make noises, but they'll get some piss-weak reassurances from Kavanaugh and promptly confirm him.

Comment

https://twitter.com/geoffrbennett/status/1016642192616706050?s=21

Comment

Roe isn’t safe now.

There are many places where women need to travel hundreds of miles and pay hundreds of dollars, not to mention submitting to all kinds of state-mandated “advice”. Kavanaugh (who would have been Romney or Rubio’s first pick) will approve more restrictive measures that will make the procedure even more difficult for poor women in red states.

Comment

More tariffs off the port bow!

Dribbling idiots.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X