• Show
Clear All

From Michael Weiss, CNN.

Comment

Works better as an image

The whole chain is here.

The press corps is just stunned

Comment

When do we hear from that Idaho Senator? He's a textual scholar.

Comment

Ha ha. They called the email "Russia- Clinton".

Comment

Anne Applebaum‏Verified account
            @anneapplebaum
            Follow
            More
            The Russian lawyer was only “part of Russia and its government’s support" for Trump. What was the other part?

Comment

It's not John Le Carre, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                Is this Rob Goldstone guy a Democratic plant or something? It's like a bad airport novel.
                Isn't he English?

Comment

I like the way that Donald Jr's comments on the E-mail chain, and the contents of the email chain seem to completely contradict each other.

Does this get us closer to treason?
                  Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 11-07-2017, 17:49.

Comment

This is just incredible. What is Donny Jr playing at? Why would you choose to be transparent when what you're being transparent about is incriminating and also contradicts everything you and your dad have said for the past 6 months? Is it just that he's incredibly stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                      I like the way that Donald Jr's comments on the E-mail chain, and the contents of the email chain seem to completely contradict each other.
                      Shhhh. Don't give his lawyers ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                        This is just incredible. What is Donny Jr playing at? Why would you choose to be transparent when what you're being transparent about is incriminating and also contradicts everything you and your dad have said for the past 6 months? Is it just that he's incredibly stupid?
                        The New York Times was going to publish them tomorrow.

Comment

Here's a thing though: even given what has now come out, how much influence do we think Russia and the whole "her emails" thing actually had on the outcome of the election? What's the research and polling on that saying, if anything? Genuine question.

Comment

My feeling is that the emails had almost no impact on the election. The Clinton campaign claim they did, because they can't accept that their strategies were just disastrously bad. But the reality looks like the polls were already moving fairly rapidly to Trump in the "blue wall" states that Clinton was ignoring before the emails were released.

I can't imagine anyone changed their vote on the trustworthiness of Clinton that late in the game. If they didn't trust her, it was because of 30 years of anti-Clinton stuff from the right, which got echoed rather than pushed back against by many on the left. It wasn't because of these emails.

Comment

The emails confirmed what people already suspected/feared.

Comment

I haven't yet seen any mention of what they had - or think they had - on Clinton. What is it that Trump Jr thinks is so incriminating?

Edit - ah, so this was all about stuff that actually did come out before the Election anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                  My feeling is that the emails had almost no impact on the election. The Clinton campaign claim they did, because they can't accept that their strategies were just disastrously bad. But the reality looks like the polls were already moving fairly rapidly to Trump in the "blue wall" states that Clinton was ignoring before the emails were released.

I can't imagine anyone changed their vote on the trustworthiness of Clinton that late in the game. If they didn't trust her, it was because of 30 years of anti-Clinton stuff from the right, which got echoed rather than pushed back against by many on the left. It wasn't because of these emails.
                                  The Clinton Foundation didn't help either. You don't have to buy that Hillary was charging foreign States cash money for access to the State Dept to think the whole enterprise is venal and grubby. That Irish Labour's (supernaturally vile) Alan Kelly's brother was involved in the trust says it all. The worst feckers to crawl out of North Tipp since Big Mike Lowry.

I don't expect every ex Prez to be as sainted as Jimmy Carter, but fuck sake, the pair of them and Chelsea, how fucking rich do you need to be? How stupid not to see how it looks?

Comment

I've just turned on MSNBC and been confronted by some shouty fool who says "this woman had nothing to do with the Russian Government" and "this other bloke is an idiot who sends out silly pictures on Twitter".

McConnell saying the recess is being delayed because of "obstructionism".

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                      The Clinton Foundation didn't help either. You don't have to buy that Hillary was charging foreign States cash money for access to the State Dept to think the whole enterprise is venal and grubby. That Irish Labour's (supernaturally vile) Alan Kelly's brother was involved in the trust says it all. The worst feckers to crawl out of North Tipp since Big Mike Lowry.

I don't expect every ex Prez to be as sainted as Jimmy Carter, but fuck sake, the pair of them and Chelsea, how fucking rich do you need to be? How stupid not to see how it looks?
                                      I didn't get the fuss about the Foundation at the time really. It would have been the most obvious thing to launch a big investigation into it after the election, as a counter attack, but they haven't bothered.

A hard rightist wouldn't have been put on the defensive in that situation. It would have been the centre of their campaign about how much good they were doing, great guy, "Big Society in action", to coin a phrase.

Comment

Trump's responded via Huckabee Sanders.

"My son is a high quality person and I applaud his transparency".

That's the whole quote.

Comment

I don't think there's any dirt around the Foundation either. But the fucking salaries and stipends drawn down, their willingness to speak at any creep or monster's event if the money is right, it's like a larger scale version of the shite Tony has been pulling this last decade. It doesn't speak of selfless public service and good character. It stinks of get the money, dollar dollar bill y'all.

Comment

Alex Jones: Donald Trump Jr. was “doing his job … trying to find Russian spies”

Comment

Alex Jones is the anti-Edward Murrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                I don't think there's any dirt around the Foundation either. But the fucking salaries and stipends drawn down, their willingness to speak at any creep or monster's event if the money is right, it's like a larger scale version of the shite Tony has been pulling this last decade. It doesn't speak of selfless public service and good character. It stinks of get the money, dollar dollar bill y'all.
                                                That's fair comment.

Comment

Somebody called Jeffrey Lord playing "nothing to see here". His first attempt as deflection was "here in Pennsylvania, I can tell you Russia wasn't an issue". He ended with trying to suggest it was all a set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                                    Alex Jones is the anti-Edward Murrow.
                                                    He's the Father Coughlin we deserve. Is that Linklater director guy still supportive?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X