Calling.....Captain....Hatbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All these months with no posts? What's up man? What have you to say for yourself? And all you other 0 posters...tell us a bit about yourselves.

I was just thinking how there is a new new person like literally every day and wondering where they all go etc. So, yeah. I wish lurkers would come on and tell us what they think, eg who they like and don't like and why.

Comment

Apparently there are 1715 of us. No fucking way. Beyond the top 30 (in the stats) and another 50 or so I'd consider 'nodding acquaintances', I can't imagine where the hell the other 1600+ are hiding.

Why would you be arsed registering if you didn't want to post at least once?

Comment

People might just register for the site, and not the message board.

Comment

That wasn't funny. Not one bit, sir.

Informative, though.

Comment

Who says the Captain is a bloke?

Comment

The Captain does.

Ahem.

No mystery really WOM, I used to (very occasionally) post on the old site, but have always been more of a lurker enjoying what others have to say. The standards on here are still pretty high, and I seldom feel the urge to shove my (usually pretty banal) chatter into someone else's conversation. That plus if I started I'd probably never get anything done - my procrastination through lurking is already bad enough if the truth be told.

Well, since you asked, I've been on here since around 2003; think last time I was outed on here I was living in Russia. Not for a long time though, back in England now at law school. Unfortunately, if you're looking for any interesting/amusing LPC banter you're onto a loser though judging by the first few days...

See, I'm babbling already. This is what happens.

Comment

HA! Knew that would flush you out.

Welcome Captain. Ive wondered myself who you were.

Comment

I recognise the name. Not only because I pay attention, but because it's a TinTin reference. I think.

Comment

We need more user-names based on Captain Haddock curses. I would love to enter into correspondence with "Ostrogoth", "Vandal", "Fresh-water Pirate" and "Bashi-bozouk".

On the other hand, the usernaems "Rug-merchant" and "Zulu" might not go down so well these days.

Comment

The complete English-language list of Haddockian swear-words.

The use of the words "hydrocarbon" and "technocrat" as curses seems awfully prescient.

"Zulu" is not in there (I may remember it from a French version). The rather more in-your-face "fuzzy-wuzzy" is listed instead.

Comment

I was just thinking how there is a new new person like literally every day and wondering where they all go etc. So, yeah. I wish lurkers would come on and tell us what they think, eg who they like and don't like and why.
                        I like to imagine there is a message board dedicated to discussing OTF, with fan clubs and rivalries between the fans of dalliance and aiatl.

"Ur txt mssgng fckmppt aiatl is GAY LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!" That kind of thing.

Comment

Nice Haircut 100 reference in the thread title WOM.

Comment

Rather nerdishly, I was hoping someone would catch it. And remark upon it. Really sad, eh?

And yeah, nice to meet you, Captain Hatbox.

Comment

Antonio Gramsci wrote:
                              oh my goodness, i think i'm going to have to change my username.

Comment

Captain Hatbox is a fantastic name. If you want to protect the brand, I take it you'll be using a different name from the same source every time.

Alternatively, just post anyway.

Comment

Oddest. Thread-bump. Ever.

Comment

My parents force fed me Tintin in French, so I only know Haddock's French curses. Mille millions de mille milliards de tonnerre de Brest!

Comment

I've spotted Hatbox again. What's up, old man?

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                        I've spotted Hatbox again. What's up, old man?
                                        Nearly matching Guy's 11-year bump on the Ryanair thread, I've just spotted Captain Hatbox again so thought I'd ape WOM's comment above!

Comment

How did he look? I hope he's well.

Comment

I'm singing the thread title to the tune of Calling All The Heroes by It Bites, as I am too young* to get the Haircut 100 reference.

*Shut up.

Comment

I wonder how law school went for him?

Comment

I thought this was going to be a Tom Moore thread until I saw the date (Captain Wooden Box).

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                                  I'm singing the thread title to the tune of Calling All The Heroes by It Bites, as I am too young* to get the Haircut 100 reference.

*Shut up.
                                                  There're like literally four years between the two acts. (In Top 40 terms, anyway.)

I find it slightly unnerving how a Guest's 'details' assimilate one's own once said Guest has left. I've just spent five minutes wondering how I could've posted the first reply three years before I joined this version of the board. (And indeed why OTF wouldn't have remembered my name either way.)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X