X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conservative Party conference

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
    Originally posted by Lang Spoon
    FFS, Wilson was last PM back when a Labour MP could get away with going full Bernard Manning.

Labour voters like my grandparents could also come up with some dodgy shit on the darkies and the yellow peril. But times changed, and instead of encouraging progressive ideas (and putting proper resources in the hands of local govt would have been nice. And council house building during the wasted boom might have reduced tensions also, yis cunts) they capitulated and dog whistled like bastards.

Today's another nail in the coffin of Labour (as was). Defenestrate the PPE cunts who thought up that ad.
    It's one of a series of tweets, if you look at it, on things they said would happen and didn't. It's not just somebody sat there thinking they need to attack on immigration, like is being made out.

Housing wasn't enough of a priority but it wasn't a wasted boom.
    If they weren't so fixated on triangle making they might just have left this out of their series of oh so clever tweets. Maybe a sincere attack on the slide toward fascism (as Sturgeon managed today without looking like she tested the focus groups first), a direct attack on the racist shit Rudd and May are coming out with.

Who cares what the last Labour Govt did or said, whatever about Corbyn you can't pin late Blair/Brownist (difference: Moral Seriousness) policy/cowardly rhetoric failures on him.

Comment

NHH wrote:
      Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs
      I'm sure it was on personal order of the Home Secretary that they screeched to a halt like that. I'm assuming Rochdale had some housing available. When you get to power, I'm sure there'll be lots of spare housing in places much nicer than Rochdale.
      That's not what I was saying. As you well know. Rochdale did have some housing available, but what wasn't going on was anything like organised dispersal, humane dispersal. It was a human dumptruck exercise of getting people out of Dover to other places with no care for their welfare, or sensitivity to their plight, because the system's bias changed to a presumption of bogusness. This has much darker and horrific consequences in the detention centres. I'm sure it was economically successful though, so sod morality eh?

I know the person who probably drafted both articles. He isn't under any illusions what tabloids are like and didn't think they'd be bought off. Probably just thought it was better that the readers were told they were tackling the very well publicised and expensive backlog. He''s strongly pro immigration and has people spouting shit at him for it under stuff he writes in his own name.
      This wasn't an invitation to play inside baseball. I couldn't give a toss who write it, or that you know him. Its that it was written in a ridiculous attempt to ride the tiger of racist scapegoating, and anyone who plays that game is both a dick and a twat.

The economists I look at think the immigration policy was good overall.
      Well, I always reach for my economics textbooks when I want to calibrate my moral and ethical stances, so colour me corrected.
      I said "overall". And I said immigration policy. You keep talking about asylum policy only, which of course I don't defend. Economists do have ethics and moral stances, by the way.

Comment

And I don't know what you're saying, well or otherwise.

Comment

Lang Spoon wrote:
          Originally posted by Lang Spoon
          FFS, Wilson was last PM back when a Labour MP could get away with going full Bernard Manning.

Labour voters like my grandparents could also come up with some dodgy shit on the darkies and the yellow peril. But times changed, and instead of encouraging progressive ideas (and putting proper resources in the hands of local govt would have been nice. And council house building during the wasted boom might have reduced tensions also, yis cunts) they capitulated and dog whistled like bastards.

Today's another nail in the coffin of Labour (as was). Defenestrate the PPE cunts who thought up that ad.
          It's one of a series of tweets, if you look at it, on things they said would happen and didn't. It's not just somebody sat there thinking they need to attack on immigration, like is being made out.

Housing wasn't enough of a priority but it wasn't a wasted boom.
          If they weren't so fixated on triangle making they might just have left this out of their series of oh so clever tweets. Maybe a sincere attack on the slide toward fascism (as Sturgeon managed today without looking like she tested the focus groups first), a direct attack on the racist shit Rudd and May are coming out with.

Who cares what the last Labour Govt did or said, whatever about Corbyn you can't pin late Blair/Brownist (difference: Moral Seriousness) policy/cowardly rhetoric failures on him.
          I looked before. There's stuff being tweeted and retweeted out attacking the rubbish.

Sturgeon is good on this and she'd be a good Labour leader. But lest we forget, her lot's stock in trade for years is bullshit populism against England for robbing Scotland. We're a bunch of cunts in other ways, mind.

Comment

Tubby Isaacs wrote: And I don't know what you're saying, well or otherwise.
            I'm saying Labour's attempt to appease the immigration bullshit was immoral, and stupid and hasn't worked. You seem to think differently. That cover it?

Comment

NHH wrote:
              And I don't know what you're saying, well or otherwise.
              I'm saying Labour's attempt to appease the immigration bullshit was immoral, and stupid and hasn't worked. You seem to think differently. That cover it?
              You talked about a van in Rochdale, I was supposed to "well" know you meant something more general, and I didn't defend it when it was clear.

I wasn't wilfully misunderstanding you. But you're wilfully misunderstanding me and what I meant by "overall". Far better economy, far better demographics. That worked.

Comment

I wouldn't be a Nationalist if it wasn't for the dismal performance of New Labour North and South. Well before the war crimes I remember wannabe spads freaking me out with their flippy flopping on their preciously core beliefs (till Tony says no). Brian Wilson's visit to our student Labour Club turned my stomach even more.

Took a while longer to admit the UK of the NHS etc was fucked in their hands and that there was no hope being an adjunct of London/SE economy (a pity the North of England has no similar escape pod, and Wales is too fucked/self destructive with Brexit etc to untether).

Comment

They had a good immigration policy in government.
                  I remember going on a demo against Labour's draconian asylum policies in 1998. Yarl's Wood opened in 2001.

All Invisible People of course, and not very important in terms of political calculation of course, but even so.

Comment

That's asylum policy. I'm not defending that.

I'm not meaning that. Immigration policy is different. There wasn't one before, more particular schemes in eg farming, and they made a more comprehensive system for economic immigration. It went up, they approved a lot more in 2004. They spent money on language classes. Also lots of student visas. All good.

They lost confidence later, sadly. Restricting the 2007 EU countries was wrong, and they brought in a points system which hit the NHS because it stopped them recruiting people who were below the points score but who they could train up.

Miliband dropped the ball really. Embracing Gillian Duffy and apologising. He didn't even make much of a fuss when Pickles scrapped Brown's local impact fund. He should have got some experts to do a report on their immigration policy. Would at least have provided stuff to quote back at Cameron.

Comment

Lang Spoon wrote: I wouldn't be a Nationalist if it wasn't for the dismal performance of New Labour North and South. Well before the war crimes I remember wannabe spads freaking me out with their flippy flopping on their preciously core beliefs (till Tony says no). Brian Wilson's visit to our student Labour Club turned my stomach even more.

Took a while longer to admit the UK of the NHS etc was fucked in their hands and that there was no hope being an adjunct of London/SE economy (a pity the North of England has no similar escape pod, and Wales is too fucked/self destructive with Brexit etc to untether).
                      Lots of London might fancy a route out the door too with you. We're all Brexit buddies now.

I'm sticking with the 2014 call, mind.

Comment

That's asylum policy. I'm not defending that.

I'm not meaning that. Immigration policy is different

Sorry Tubby, that doesn't wash. The two are inextricably linked, they use the same apparatus of state violence and intimidation to serve a profoundly racist and, frankly, evil purpose. Have you ever seen a swoop by militarised immigration cops looking for 'illegals'? Do you not remember May's racist vans? New Labour laid the ground for these and just as at the DWP the Tories have simply accelerated things.

they made a more comprehensive system for economic immigration. It went up, they approved a lot more in 2004. They spent money on language classes. Also lots of student visas. All good.

Yes, these are good things, but set against a general backdrop of increasing xenophobia that New Labour did little to counter, which had been on the rise since refugees from the Balkans started arriving. The othering process was not properly challenged.

E10, the only sustained political activity I've ever managed was using office facilities to fax the Home Office and airlines begging them not to deport someone to probable persecution/death. That was when New Labour were in. I'm actually quite surprised I could bring myself to vote for them in 2005.

Comment

Teresa May's speech seems to be summed up as "If you;re one of us, we all need to pull together and completely fuck over everyone who is not"

Fucking disgraceful racist bag of shit

Comment

Working...
                          X