Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

London declares economic war on rest of UK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/715172/Sadiq-Khan-defy-Brexit-London-open-visas-migrants-mayor-theresa-may-boris-johnson-trade

Fine by me. Bring it on.

If that's the way you want it, the rest of us will cut off your gas and electricity, and block any imports of food into the capital at your self declared border.

I can understand why comments are closed for that one.

Comment

That chip on your shoulder doesn't get any smaller does it, Guy.

Comment

How would this work? Would there be border patrols on M25 exits to ensure those with London visas can't escape into the rest of the UK? Or is the air of London superiority so strong they honestly believe those on London visas would never want to leave?

Whatever, Sadiq Khan has proven over the past few weeks that he is a total plum.

Comment

If there is any substance to it at all (and it is the Express), then it refers to Kahn's belief that London (and particularly City) concerns will be favoured in any work permit regime that would follow a hard Brexit.

Comment

Sadiq Khan is one of the very few impressive high-profile individuals remaining in the Labour Party. If there were more like him, I might be a supporter.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: If there is any substance to it at all (and it is the Express), then it refers to Kahn's belief that London (and particularly City) concerns will be favoured in any work permit regime that would follow a hard Brexit.
              If they devolve some visa powers to London and don't for Scotland (which really really needs more migrants than "full" England), it'll be like the Tories are stoking grievances (or chips on both shoulders as Michael White might say in his periodic baiting of the Jocks) on purpose.

Comment

Guy Profumo wrote: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/715172/Sadiq-Khan-defy-Brexit-London-open-visas-migrants-mayor-theresa-may-boris-johnson-trade

Fine by me. Bring it on.

If that's the way you want it, the rest of us will cut off your gas and electricity, and block any imports of food into the capital at your self declared border.
                London would take you lot in a war tbf.

Comment

Khan's after more substantial devolution powers across the board. Interested in the Southern rail franchise too.

Comment

Tubby Isaacs wrote: Interested in the Southern rail franchise too.
                    Any suspicion he might have an ounce of competence or sense just evaporated

Comment

He's interested in every route around London. The Overground franchise owner (LOROL) just won the top prize in my rail magazine.

Comment

Working...
                      X