Born Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Born Again

San Bernardhinault wrote: I'm very briefly on the East coast for the funeral of my 6th and last grandparent (my actual grand-dad's second wife) and I just want to say in the context of the thread how lucky I was to have so many grandparents, but she was probably the best of the lot. Just a fantastic person who encouraged all my best tendencies and ignored my worst hoping they'd burn out, who was a rock of calm tranquility in the tempestuousness of the rest of my family. Who never thought of herself when there were others to help.

Take advantage of them while you can. But equally, I think my gran (who grew up in Lewes and Worthing, and died just outside Boston) would be the first to say "don't let that hold you back from doing what you need to do and going where you need to go."
    Sorry for your loss, SB, and: lovely post.

Comment

Born Again

I've found that people are more shocked and confused to learn I don't have a TV than that I'm not married and never plan to be and never have been.

Comment

Born Again

Still no TV
        Quit Facebook, Instagram, and decided, again, to not have a personal Twitter. I started one for a while this weekend so I could follow a lacrosse game when the live stats were down, but then decided against it.

Feeling very anxious and depressed lately. Been a real struggle. I feel like a team that is just hanging on my constantly hoofing it out of their own end but can't string together any passes. Working on seeing yet another doctor about my insomnia.

I was just starting to turn it all around but the Trump thing has created so much hourly anxiety. Aside from the horror, I feel constantly like I need to be doing something to help, but can't do much and don't know how to not be stressed about it constantly.

Been sick the last two weeks. It's been terrible.

My in-clinic sleep test didn't reveal anything else interesting.

Thinking I need a smaller house. I'm paying for so much space that I don't really need. But there aren't many options that would suit. And what a pain in the ass. Moving is the worst.

Got a new bed. Pricey but excellent.

Comment

Born Again

Hope you get well soon, Reed. And if nothing else, know that you're not alone.

Comment

Born Again

Same here, HP. I don't know your local situation well enough to say anything useful, but I'm sure fresh air and exercise are important. Is there no local political activity you could get involved in to deal with the "not knowing what to do re Trump" aspect of your worries?

Comment

Born Again

Good question.

I want to do something useful. I don't just want to demonstrate and get into arguments with Trumpists on the street. And the thought of having to cold call people gives me panics.

We ultimately need to forget all the categories and anti this and pro that and start connecting to each other as humans. How can I sign up to do that?

I'm hoping to get more involved with some local environmental/land protection work. I'd also like to do more helping suicidal kids. (Help them get better. Not kill themselves, I mean). Not sure what form that might take.

Comment

Working...
              X