X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That scary Trump and his mad plans to build a wall

You wouldn't see that happening anywhere else

"We are going to start building this big, new wall as part of the £17m package we are doing with the French."

Get fucked.

Comment

Hey, wait 'til you see the size of the wall we're going to build to keep you lot out of the north...

Comment

Comment

Shouldn't we just brick up the tunnel and close down all the ferry companies? Nothing less would appease the "Brexit means Brexit" stormtroopers who want us out of Europe right now.

Comment

You should have left that post Hobbes.

Comment

GO lives in north-west London, a part of the capital I'd be happy to see forcibly removed from the rest of it.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote: Hey, wait 'til you see the size of the wall we're going to build to keep you lot out of the north...
                You don't need one. Nobody wants to go to Yorkshire

Comment

There was a fringe on borders at last weekend's Green Party Conference. The all-Irish Panel (a Green hack from South Down and a law professor) agreed that there is unlikely to be real change to the common travel area between Britain and Ireland. I'm not convinced.

Comment

Duncan Gardner wrote: There was a fringe on borders...
                    Speaking of Donald Trump...

Comment

Glad to see we're staying on topic

Comment

The difference between this and Trump's lunatic plan is that this will happen.

'We have done the fences, now we are doing the wall' - who is this guy, a government minister or the odd-jobs man? (I won't even bother with the irony of his name...)

Get royally f*cked.

Comment

Can't see why everyone's upset.

It's only "taking back control of our borders" like we all voted for back in June.

Comment

The Road Hauliers Association think it's a waste of money. So pointless grandstanding to frot the most reactionary and dimwitted elements in our society it is again, as the front page of today's Mail confirms.

Comment

You should have left that post Hobbes.
                              To be honest, I deleted it because I'd missed an important bit of the previous conversation. Whereas I though GO was talking about a wall between the north and south in England, which would have made my reply a jocular response, I realised almost immediately that GO was replying to Berbaslug, which made my retort seem a bit more on dodgy ground.

I see subsequently others have made similar jokes, but I didn't want to be misinterpreted.

Comment

Well, post it again now after the explanation. It'll be great.

Comment

It was REALLY funny.

Comment

I didn't realise GO was talking about the north of Ireland either.

It's not going well this thread, is it? Shall we start again?

Comment

It was so much easier to keep straight when everyone referred to Northern Ireland as Ultonia or Mexico . . .

So, given the fact that the UK has seemed intent on adopting many of the most negative aspects of US politics since the advent of New Labour, will we see a UK analogue of Trumpism? I hadn't thought about this previously, but some kind of alliance between Trump TV and the Mail actually makes commercial sense.

Comment

Haven't you already got one?

And, of course

Comment

It seems quite likely that if Brexit doesn't result in the end to EU freedom of movement that there will be scope on the right for a Trump like figure on the right, probably through UKIP.

But we don't have many Trump like businessmen, and the most similar ones don't seem likely candidates.

Comment

Commeth the moment . . .

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: Commeth the moment . . .

Wasn't he on record as being in the "Remain" camp?

Comment

Reed John wrote: Haven't you already got one?

And, of course
                                                And of course France already has this highly effective one:

Comment

Guy, this is Trumpism.

Stuff like "the record" is irrelevant, as indicated by the fact that the current GOP nominee has a "record" of being a pro-choice, pro-immigration Democrat.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X