Tasting notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tasting notes

Went through a bit of a whisky phase last year but now every time I have a spare £27 it tends to go on another Dominion expansion.

I like that one in the silver box with the ankh, what's it called, 'Superstition' I think. Peaty but not too peaty. Usually on discount at Adsa.

Comment

Tasting notes

That's one of the Jura range. The original one is pretty good.

Comment

Tasting notes

Toby Gymshorts wrote: That's one of the Jura range. The original one is pretty good.
        Some of the Jura range use Sherry casks.

If they've been treated with sulphur prior to shipping and you've got the gene which detects it, you could end up with the "rotten eggs" taste in the stuff, so be careful.

Comment

Tasting notes

Mumpo wrote: I like that one in the silver box with the ankh, what's it called, 'Superstition' I think. Peaty but not too peaty. Usually on discount at Adsa.
          If it is on discount at Asda the writing is on the wall.

Comment

Tasting notes

I drink Jack Daniels solely to annoy whisky snobs.

Comment

Ok, so my experience of similar spirits went as far as Bells and JD back in my student days, usually mixed with something.

Having just hit the latter mid-30s, I thought it was time to try to get into proper stuff, which if nothing else may help me cut down on snacking in the evening. I've been very kindly bought 'The Discovery Selection' made by The Lost Distillery Company. This group create 'present day expressions of legendary whiskies that belonged to the craft of whisky distilling almost a century ago.' Here they explain how they do it.

I'm a bit nervous, excited and unsure what is the best way to attack them.

Comment

Working...
              X