Did I miss much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I miss much?

Been off to Cornwall where I was delighted by the fact that a village near where we were staying was called Narkurs, which is hugely funny when you say it in a Cornish accent.

Village idiot score was two, a 33% reduction on last year. And I confirmed that after Badger, Sharps and St Austell are this fine nation's 2nd and 3rd best breweries.

The weather was shit throughout, except for yesterday when the sun blazed down down a bastard, for the duration of our drive home. Then it started raining again.

Anyway, any good flouonces or any exciting threads about me while I was away?

Did I miss much?

No

Comment

Did I miss much?

I just said "Narkurs". Hahahahahahaha.

Comment

Did I miss much?

Purves Grundy wrote:
        And I confirmed that after Badger, Sharps and St Austell are this fine nation's 2nd and 3rd best breweries.
        Having just got back from Lewes, I would have to disagree.

Comment

Did I miss much?

Purves Grundy wrote:
          I confirmed that after Badger, Sharps and St Austell are this fine nation's 2nd and 3rd best breweries.
          Sharps Doom Bar is bloody amazing. It guested at the Friday lunchtime pub we go to with work and went down so well they got rid of one of the Purity ales to make room.

Comment

Did I miss much?

South West ales are rapidly becoming my favourites. I've entertained thoughts of moving to devon and one of the reasons was to be nearer all the lovely beer.

Comment

Did I miss much?

Well, the club I went to (and texted you about) wasn't up to much, though it promises to be better next month.

I had seven huge spiders in my house over the weekend.

Errr... I don't think either of those really count as 'missing much', though, do they.

Comment

Did I miss much?

Sharps Doom Bar is bloody amazing. It guested at the Friday lunchtime pub we go to with work and went down so well they got rid of one of the Purity ales to make room.
                I think this has happened at a pub near me, too. They generally have two guest ales but for the past few months it's been Doom Bar plus one other. I think it's popping up more and more in London.

I'm still loyal to Skinner's, however, of the Cornish brewers.

Comment

Did I miss much?

I confirmed that after Badger, Sharps and St Austell are this fine nation's 2nd and 3rd best breweries
                  We had the good fortune to stumble across Marlow's Rebellion Brewery on the way to Dorset the other week. Well, I was stumbling by the time I'd tried everything from Mutiny to whisky mead, anyway.

The statue of Sir Steve Redgrave outside the rowing club is a dreadful likeness. I might have to start a 'bad statues' thread.

Comment

Did I miss much?

Ooh yeah, I've bigged up Rebellion here before, following a spell where a Thresher's near me took a liberal attitude to its "local" ales section. Their wheat beer, White, is superb if a little on-the-nose citrusy; their amber ale, Red, is tremendous.

Comment

Did I miss much?

Listen, I'm not knocking the excellent beers of the Peninsula, but Harvey's is very, very special.

Comment

Did I miss much?

Is there any subject you chaps can't turn into a beer thread?

Comment

Did I miss much?

A quarter of the original posting was about beer, man.

Comment

Working...
                          X