• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no! Art!

Moderately interesting news from my current place of residence -

http://www.herdofsheffield.com/

(And it's all for charidee!)

I've seen a few of these about - the kids' ones, the smaller ones are more interesting than the ones done by the grown-ups.

Oh no! Art!

There was a similar event in Birmingham last year with owls. Again for charity with locals schools and firms and some famous people contributing.

Comment

Oh no! Art!

I'd heard about them.

I'd assumed the Sheffield elephants were partly inspired by that, but with a different backstory?

Comment

Oh no! Art!

There's a small cottage industry already sprung up - walks to see 20 elephants, bike rides to the more distant ones, that sort of thing. Seeing how many I can spot myself as it seems much more fun than Pokemon Go.

Comment

Oh no! Art!

We had rhinos in Sydney a few years back.

Comment

Oh no! Art!

longeared wrote: There's a small cottage industry already sprung up - walks to see 20 elephants, bike rides to the more distant ones, that sort of thing. Seeing how many I can spot myself as it seems much more fun than Pokemon Go.
            Inserting a giant pick-axe into my own skull would be more fun than Pokemon Go.

Comment

Oh no! Art!

Chicago started this thing with cows, I believe. Toronto did moose a few years later, and you can still see them in new locations here and there around the city.

Comment

Oh no! Art!

Yes over the years we've had bears, orcas, and eagles.

Comment

Oh no! Art!

Liverpool had superlambananas for the Capital of Culture.

Comment

Oh no! Art!

The cows thing hit Dublin a while back. Shame they couldn't have been left in situ. Not much in the way of street art round these parts (outside the crushingly hip/full of slum housing for 2 grand a month areas).

Comment

Working...
                    X