Cookie Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookie Monster

I couldn't access OTF for a couple of days earlier in the week (from either my phone or tablet), and after trying a few other things, I removed the old wsc "cookie". Bingo, next log-on attempt - on both - worked fine.

I don't know what was wrong with the old cookie. Mainly because I don't know what a cookie is. Is it something to do with us all saying what our favourite biscuit is?

Cookie Monster

It's because of the change in usernames.

Comment

Cookie Monster

Kevchenko wrote: It's because of the change in usernames.
      Still, in previous changes of usernames, this never was a problem. Something must have changed somewhere to make this a problem now. Whether it is the newest version of browsers, or the forum software, I don't know. But it might be worth for the admins to figure it out in time for Russia 2018.

Comment

Cookie Monster

Wouter D wrote:
        Originally posted by Kevchenko
        It's because of the change in usernames.
        Still, in previous changes of usernames, this never was a problem. Something must have changed somewhere to make this a problem now. Whether it is the newest version of browsers, or the forum software, I don't know. But it might be worth for the admins to figure it out in time for Russia 2018.
        Depends who we want to blame.

Microsoft and Google, or Admin5?

Comment

Cookie Monster

Guy Profumo wrote: Depends who we want to blame.

Microsoft and Google, or Admin5?
          Decisions, decisions...

Comment

Cookie Monster

Who would be easier to thrash in public?

Comment

Cookie Monster

To anyone who had this problem: which browser do you use?

Logging in on my tablet via Dolphin was fine after changing name, whereas I had to delete the cookies in Firefox on my desktop.

Comment

Cookie Monster

Google and Chrome.

(See other thread)

Comment

Cookie Monster

Something I learned from sometime OTFer Antonio Gramsci: Cookie Monster sounds French-Canadian. After he said that, I can't stop hearing cookie monster in the speech of all French Canadians, which was a bit of an issue when I worked with a load of them.

Comment

Cookie Monster

Reed John wrote: Something I learned from sometime OTFer Antonio Gramsci: Cookie Monster sounds French-Canadian. After he said that, I can't stop hearing cookie monster in the speech of all French Canadians, which was a bit of an issue when I worked with a load of them.
                    Thank you for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X