Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gored Blimey!

No response from otf's great and good?

I'm guessing "less than sympathetic" here?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36756723

Gored Blimey!

Saw it last night, cry me a fucking river was my initial take on it and that hasn't really changed.

Comment

Gored Blimey!

The contest is rigged enough in the matador's favour to not generate a huge amount of sympathy when this happens.

Comment

Gored Blimey!

Yep. You reap what you sow in this case. Fuck him.

Comment

Gored Blimey!

1-0

Comment

Gored Blimey!

Sean du Cabanon wrote: Yep. You reap what you sow in this case. Fuck him.
            So. Who had "third reply" in the sweep?

Comment

Gored Blimey!

I'd like to see them jump over them, like the Minoans or whoever it was. Not chop them up with bloody great swords. THAT would be brave and courageous.

Comment

Gored Blimey!

Guy on hoilday in Spain goes to a local restaurant to try the local cuisine.

Gets sat down and when presented with the menu he asks his waiter as to what the house speciality is.

The waiter becomes very animated, 'Senor, you must try Testiculo de Corrida, it's unusual but it is a dish we are very proud of'.

Guy orders it and gets two huge balls of meat and a beautifully dressed side-salad. Polishes it off and says to the waiter 'That is the finest dish I've ever eaten. What was it?'

Waiter explains that it's not for the squeamish and that the diner has just eaten two bull's testicles taken from the defeated bull at that days bullfight.

The tourist shrugs and explains to the waiter that he's an adventurous gourmand and he's not squeamish and that he'll be back every night of his holday for more.

Another five nights pass and the diner every night orders Testiculo Corrida with a fine local wine.

On his final night he's on first name terms with the waiter, 'Manuel, my last night, Testiculo de Corrida and bring me the finest wine you have'

Manuel brings out his dish and it's as spectacular as ever but the balls are tiny.

On leaving the diner says to Manuel, 'Beautiful as usual Manuel but what happened tonight, the balls were tiny in comparison to before'.

Manuel replies 'Senor, sometimes the bullfighter he win.....'

Comment

Gored Blimey!

Guy Profumeau wrote:
                  Originally posted by Sean du Cabanon
                  Is there a point to this?

Comment

Gored Blimey!

Sean du Cabanon wrote:
                    Originally posted by Guy Profumeau
                    I refer you to the OP, where I opined sympathy might be lacking.

By extension, I was hoping to imply that someone would (quite rightly) go straight to DEFCON1

Comment

Gored Blimey!

Guy Profumeau wrote:
                      Originally posted by Guy Profumeau
                      I refer you to the OP, where I opined sympathy might be lacking.

By extension, I was hoping to imply that someone would (quite rightly) go straight to DEFCON1
                      Well your response made it seem like a set up for something.

Comment

Working...
                      X