A woman needs a man like a shrimp needs a barbeque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Sheilas for every Bruce in the Australian cities, census reveals, while in Northern Queensland, they must have the blokes lining up

Nottingham used to have this kind of imbalance once, too, I recall. I once heard there were 3 women for every man in their 20s in Nottingham. The times I went to Nottingham, however, I was never dragged off by a pack of sex-crazed amazons as soon as I got out of the station (more's the pity).

The problem was that the 3 women were toothless crones plotting your bloody rise to power and tragic, but richly deserved, fall.

Comment

That's because all of the sex-crazed amazons were over at Nishlord's. Duh.

Comment

Rogin, that Nottingham stat is a complete myth and always has been. I actually spoke to the local council about this for a feature and they told me so themselves. The split was marginally in favour of women as of the 2003 census (51%/49%) and had been for years.

Comment

What about the transient, student population?

Comment

In a rare reversal of form, OTF is ripping off the guardian here, as today's guide mentions that the Nottm Uni sex disparity was an urban myth too. Even if it had been true once, I imagine the situation would have been reversed as soon as news spread.

Comment

a friends rugby club in cardiff had a night out in nottingham based on the above premise. to be doubly sure it was the day nottingham forest were at wembley in the cup final, the reasoning being the ratio must be even higher

like most rugby stories, it got a bit messy

Comment

They went all the way to Nottingham to find some women to be offensive to?

Comment

The Australians call a prawn a "prawn", incidentally; "shrimp" is an adaptation for American audiences.

(They also spell barbecue "barbecue", but it would be churlish to cavil at that.)

Comment

Working...
                  X