• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Canada Day

Does what it says on the tin.

Happy Canada Day.

All stand for the national anthem.

Happy Canada Day

Thank you, on behalf of myself and the other 35+ million of us up here.

Comment

Happy Canada Day

I prefer the classics.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4i3wjL2qXU

Comment

Happy Canada Day

I was in my local in Blackheath earlier, where there was a proud Canuck woman, replete in face paint, Canada t-shirt and maple leaf hat.

She was fucking gorgeous.

I'm not sure what this adds to the thread, but, erm....carry on.

Comment

Happy Canada Day

gérontophile wrote: Does what it says on the tin.

Happy Canada Day.

And newly gender-neutral, too - the real one, that is.

Comment

Happy Canada Day

All the festivities were rained out here, so no 'small town auto show' pictures this year. Instead we watched all 19 innings of the Jays game on TV.

Comment

Happy Canada Day

Oh, and we're 150 next year. So...you know...save up for the big party.

Comment

Happy Canada Day

I never got the "If the US goes to sh1t i'm moving to Canada" mentality: if you'd looked into, or been to, Canada at all you'd have wanted to move there by choice at the soonest possible opportunity irrespective of domestic climate. Always seemed daft to me. Anyway, have a good day up there.

Comment

Happy Canada Day

I gotta say I'm no nationalist, far from it in fact. However, these days, when I compare Canada to what's going on elsewhere, I feel damned lucky I, and my immediate family, live here.

Comment

Happy Canada Day

Haven't you all seen the movies?

The police always arrest the obvious suspect, the USA. He's the loud guy in the neighbourhood, with tattoos and a criminal record. Meanwhile the respectable one, who "keeps himself to himself", only gets a couple of lines in the first hour. Wouldn't hurt a fly. And guess what? The dead bodies keep turning up. Is it possible they've got the WRONG GUY?

Anyway, happy Canada Day! (for now ...)

Comment

Happy Canada Day

I have seen most of the movies, and they were made in the USA. They haven't got the wrong guy, he's just covering his tracks well.

Comment

Happy Canada Day

Slightly Brown wrote: I never got the "If the US goes to sh1t i'm moving to Canada" mentality: if you'd looked into, or been to, Canada at all you'd have wanted to move there by choice at the soonest possible opportunity irrespective of domestic climate. Always seemed daft to me. Anyway, have a good day up there.
                        Cause moving and immigrating is a huge undertaking/hassle.

Also. Many people can't deal with the weather or the bagged milk.

Comment

Happy Canada Day

Bagged milk is a provincial thing I think. We don't have it in BC.

Comment

Happy Canada Day

That's why real estate prices in Vancouver are outrageous.

Comment

Happy Canada Day

Amor de Cosmos wrote: I have seen most of the movies, and they were made in the USA. They haven't got the wrong guy, he's just covering his tracks well.
                              Have you looked more carefully at the lack of garbage in the alleys, and aren't those buildings a tad familiar?

Comment

I hadn't realised this was a thing outside of Toronto.

https://twitter.com/park_people/status/1525144219303694336?s=21&t=ABDNzs5MbjK_4xzI3vlJCw

Comment

Shaking off the puritanical shackles, on Banquet Beer at a time....

Comment

"allows drinking in some city parks" - wild. Allows. Some.

Comment

New episodes of Kids in the Hall.

Comment

Watching at this very moment. (Just spotted my neighbor's vintage AMC Gremlin X in episode 2. )

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                          Does what it says on the tin.

Happy Canada Day.

Oh man, I was not expecting that. And yet, "fuck Anne Murray too" resonates.

Comment

Working...
                                          X