Clear All

• Lucy Waterman
    replied
    Ditto.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

World of difference between smoking the odd joint and admittting you were a fucking crim in possession of Class "A"s I'd aver.

Woah.

Leave a comment:

• NickSTFU
    replied
    Stewart proposed a National Citizens Service, for 4 weeks, which is a long way from military National Service for 2 years.

Here's what he said.

https://www.indy100.com/article/rory...-watch-8950091

I'm all for bashing Tories and calling them cunts, but let's get it right.

Anyway, still an appalling idea making it compulsory, the voluntary scheme is just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    This for example

https://twitter.com/CllrRalphBerry/status/1137405828884045829

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    For all the amusement that there is in this, I bet that there is a metric fuckton of quotes from each of these cunts about how people who have done far, far, far less should be deported, jailed or have access to benefits stripped from them.

Not that we'll get to fucking see them.

Leave a comment:

• ooh aah
    replied
    There's an episode of The New Statesman where the government realise that Britain's oil reserves are about to run out, and there's also an Election looming. The Tories don't want to take the blame for the inevitable economic shitshow that would follow, so Alan B'Stard suggests putting Piers Fletcher-Dervish in charge of the election campaign, on the basis that he would make a complete pig's ear of it, Labour will win, and then they'll be in government during the economic crash. The plan is that the tories would then gain a crushing victory in the subsequent election. Unfortunately Fletchr-Dervish is so transparently incompetent that Labour get wind that something is up, and so they try not to win the election either. Before long all 3 political parties are doing their best not to win the election because nobody wants to have to deal with the economic clusterfuck that is about to happen.

I'm guessing this is basically the same reason why all these tory leadership contenders are now claiming to be former drug addicts. They have to be in the race so they don't get called cowards for not entering, but none of them actually want to win this time round.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

Even Brian Cowen admitted to the odd joint during his student days.
    World of difference between smoking the odd joint and admittting you were a fucking crim in possession of Class "A"s I'd aver.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy Waterman
    replied
    National Service seems a useful staging post on our descent into a fash society.

Leave a comment:

• Flynnie
    replied
    Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post

The Tories always love the idea of forcing working class kids to go into the military. It stops them being uppity, learns them good discipline to not criticise their ranking officers, takes them away from education, gets them away from left wing influences, and provides good cannon fodder.

Bringing back National Service is a perennial pitch to the stupid old duffer classes that make up the Tory Membership.
    It’s also a really stupid idea if you want to war it up, which I suspect Stewart is perfectly happy to do. Because while Iraq was unpopular, in no way did the US or the UK suffer the kind of national crisis from Iraq that Vietnam caused in the US, which was motivated largely by young men not wanting to die in Southeast Asia for nothing. You draft young people, your foreign policy is going to receive much more scrutiny than before.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Probably pork and devoured all in one solitary sitting.

Leave a comment:

• Diable Rouge
    replied
    Even Brian Cowen admitted to the odd joint during his student days.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy Waterman
    replied
    I can’t imagine Corbyn has ever done the drugs. Unless he ran into Tony Montana at a Cuba benefit.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    [URL="https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1137388461508481024?s=21"]https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1137388461508481024[/URL]

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Leaked photograph of a Cabinet meeting last month:

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Herion (sic), even.

Leave a comment:

• hobbes
    replied
    Where will this one-upmanship end? Dominic Raab admits to fucking dismembered human corpses while injecting heroine into his eyeballs?

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    ?

Leave a comment:

• MsD
    replied
    Leadsom now! Holy fuck.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Well, those images of Gove being unable to clap or drink water properly now make sense.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Let's hear more about the kids Johnson refuses to pay maintenance for if candidates' private lives are the focus of the campaign.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy Waterman View Post
    I’m ok with spite aimed at someone’s personal appearance. Taking the piss out of what Boris Johnson looks like is a way of coming to terms with the horror of his continuing existence. I wouldn’t take the piss out of someone being black or a woman because there’s nothing risible about either of those things.
    But isn''t taking the piss out of Johnson aimed at his faux-shambolic schtick? Entirely manufactured by him and fair game because it's demonstrably false and/or avoidable. Whereas Stewart, or even Gove can't help their physiology. Do we want to legitimise this? I'm uncomfortable with it I think. I'd rather focus on the dishonesty, hypocrisy, malevolence, indifference to others, incompetence, corruption and self interest they have in spades. I'm sure they'll ride out somehow though. What Nef said about the comparisons between all this and the abuse Abbot gets is absolutely on the money.

I'm not joining with the Stewart is lovely bandwagon, btw. Although I suspect he's a Tory mainly by default of birth rather than ideology, his book on Afghanistan, while nicely written and rather interesting, was a classic of the unconsciously-entitled colonial genre.

Separately, am I alone in getting a feeling that Gove's former recreational habits will get a great deal more attention that those of candidates not deemed to be a genuine rival to Johnson?

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

No-one has asked him whether he's in favour of laws punishing other drug users.
    What is his voting record on that?

Is it a category on "They Work for You"?

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Isn't "weirdo" inherently offensive though, implying mental illness stigma, albeit intentionally? It should go in the same dustbin as mentalist.

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
    Gove:

Taking cocaine was a mistake.

That I made repeatedly over several years.

and was about to come out in a new book about me

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/micha...​​
    No-one has asked him whether he's in favour of laws punishing other drug users.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Gove:

Taking cocaine was a mistake.

That I made repeatedly over several years.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/micha...​​

Leave a comment:

Working...
X