• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. <Googles furiously> definitely no.

Comment

Fun for Young and Old

Comment

And even younger. There were three generations of Jolyons in the books though IIRC the youngest just gets called Jolly.

Comment

Interestingly the combined Hunt/Javid/Gove vote is exactly equal that of Johnson so it's not certain that Johnson would win an MPs' vote between himself and one of those if the anti-Johnson MPs voted as a bloc.

Stewart really imploded in the last 24 hours, losing 10 of his 37 previous supporters.

Hunt v Gove is too close to call.
          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 19-06-2019, 19:35.

Comment

Johnson finishing second among MPs would have very little impact if any on the membership vote.

If they were going to stop him, they had to keep him out of the top two.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
              Stewart really imploded in the last 24 hours, losing 10 of his 37 previous supporters.
              There have been reports of some 'tactical voting' on behalf of Boris, and others, to do with making sure some candidates remain in. I can't begin to to work out how that might have influenced the votes, but - if true - it would mean that the actual voting count wouldn't necessarily correspond to the actual popularity of each candidate.

Comment

I think having a debate of five yesterday took time away from Johnson. Meaning he had less time to put his foot in it. Getting rid of Stewart now and Gove next is their apparent plan.

Comment

What UA said. Unless Boris somehow manages to blow himself up, the MP vote is a non-event now.

Comment

Are there three votes this afternoon (if no-one pulls out)? This is getting boring now.

Comment

Two. We will definitely have a final pair tonight. Johnson and Hunt, I suppose.

Comment

Latest round of voting had Boron on 157, not Boron on 154. Javid out.

Comment

And Gove overtakes Hunt, 61-59.

Comment

Up to 14 people switched from Javid or Stewart to Johnson - why?

Gove v Hunt still too close to call. Is Johnson bothered which one he faces?

When is the membership vote result announced and how soon after that does Johnson move into No. 10?

Comment

Why don't they all just fight over a conch.

Comment

Up to 14 people switched from Javid or Stewart to Johnson - why?

Gove v Hunt still too close to call. Is Johnson bothered which one he faces?

When is the membership vote result announced and how soon after that does Johnson move into No. 10?

Tactical voting.

He supposedly fears Gove more than Hunt.

Week of 22nd July; pretty immediately I'd have thought.

Comment

Johnson confirmed Membership ballot announced on 22nd July

Comment

It would, of course, be hilarious if it turned out that everyone has been tactically voting all along just to get Stewart and Javid out of the way and now all switch their votes to Hunt and Gove.

Comment

There's no reason why Javid's votes should break in one particular direction so if Hunt's vote shoots up assume that some of Boris's camp are voting tactically.

Comment

That's a very disappointing timescale. All the previous ones have given around two months for membership voting, which would have given much more scope for Boris to fuck up.

Comment

Give the Tory Party some small credit- they've embraced the Age of Steam, universal postal services and mass media.

If Johnson's going to fcuk up, he will. Even if being caught on the job with Arlene Foster and a dead horse might not be enough to do it...

Comment

He was in the Bullingdon Club with Cameron, wasn’t he? I presume they all had the same induction ritual ...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Waterman View Post
                                              That's a very disappointing timescale. All the previous ones have given around two months for membership voting, which would have given much more scope for Boris to fuck up.
                                              Well there's a surprise....

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                                He was in the Bullingdon Club with Cameron, wasn’t he? I presume they all had the same induction ritual ...
                                                I hold no brief whatsoever for David Cameron, but that unsubtantiated rumour was printed in a book ghost written by the vile Isabelle Oakeshott paid for by Lord Ashcroft who had a vendettta against Cameron because he didn't give him a promised job, possibly after his financial affairs came under scrutiny

Comment

If you are Gove or Hunt, might you be better off in the long term if you come third, thereby avoiding being monstered by the Boris-Besotted media for the next month?

Comment

I'm not really sure why they even need, what, five weeks or so, for the members to decide. It's hardly going to be two unknowns slugging it out. Their policy positions, personalities, strengths and weaknesses are well-enough known. If the plan is for hustings the length and breadth of the country and then a couple of weeks for the postal votes to be delivered to CP HQ or whoever's doing the count (the ERS perhaps) then fair enough, but if all we're talking about is a couple of TV debates, which are unlikely to yield any surprises, then it seems too long.

I still can't really see any way that Johnson loses. If his poorly thought-through Brexit plans were up against another candidate's water-tight strategy and were exposed as such, I could just about see the CP membership moving to the latter. But Gove and Hunt's ideas are no better that Johnson's.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X