No announcement yet.

Next Prime Minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Eye-catching thing about that Johnson Nonsense, is that the top rate of tax in the UK is only 40%, and that it starts at £50,000. People in the UK pay very little income tax compared with pretty much everywhere else in Europe. Gove wants to get rid of VAT, which leaves you to wonder how he's going to replace 20% of the UK's tax receipts.

Comment

It is of the same school as telling West Virginians that coal is on its way back.

Comment

If only we still had a functioning system of broadcasting journalism that would call out this bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
          If only we still had a functioning system of broadcasting journalism that would call out this bollocks.
          But that's BBC bias, apparently you have to present both arguments even when one side is lying.

Comment

Johnson's policy announcement being widely criticised from all quarters as reported on the BBC website, without any supporting voices that I could see.

Comment

Anyway, there are a lot of candidates officially launching their bids at the moment, with Penny Mordaunt surprisingly backing Hunt. With the Gove campaign on the skids after the charlie revelations and Raab performing badly at speaking events, it looks like the final two could be BoJo and Hunt, unless Javid can get a bit of momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                , unless Javid can get a bit of momentum.
                Well they got Corbyn elected so they could probably help out Javid as well.

Comment

And let that be the last momentum-Momentum confusion joke we ever see on OTF.

Comment

http://twitter.com/asabenn/status/1138094612860538880

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

I thought postal voting was more prevalent in the UK, so how does that equate to colour?
                      Because there's a racist trope that the tingers apply for postal votes and their wives ballots get completed by their husbands in order to vote Labour in.

Comment

I remember canvassing voters in Rochdale in the 1990s. I'd knock on the door, and a meek woman would answer and when I asked how she voted, she'd say 'oh, he decides that for us' and step away from the dooras her husband approached.

The meek white, elderly woman would then stand aside and let her gruff, white Tory voting husband come and tell me to fuck off.

Comment

[URL="https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1138119290178232321?s=21"]https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1138119290178232321[/URL]

This is getting serious.

I expect Raab to announce that he garroted a drifter on the Isle of Dogs just to see him die.

Comment

I think if this was any other job, you'd look at this list of possibilities and decide it was time to open it up to external candidates

Comment

So this is Johnson's owners destroying his competition one by one and he'll only be stopped by a member of the public having a crisis of conscience and somehow going viral in such a way that the media can't ignore it?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                [URL="https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1138119290178232321?s=21"]https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1138119290178232321[/URL]

This is getting serious.

I expect Raab to announce that he garroted a drifter on the Isle of Dogs just to see him die.
                                That's added a few more points to Jeremy Hunt's prospects then.

Comment

I’m convinced they’re all doing this on purpose so Bojo can drink from the poisoned chalice that is Brexit.

Comment

Was Gove's candidature speech today full of sexual innuendo today? I think there's a story about Johnson going to come out soon, it's probably an open secret about his bastard son rather than love child.

Comment

Gove also still peddles the myth that the EU destroyed his father's business which his own father says is bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by ooh aah View Post
                                        There's an episode of The New Statesman where the government realise that Britain's oil reserves are about to run out, and there's also an Election looming. The Tories don't want to take the blame for the inevitable economic shitshow that would follow, so Alan B'Stard suggests putting Piers Fletcher-Dervish in charge of the election campaign, on the basis that he would make a complete pig's ear of it, Labour will win, and then they'll be in government during the economic crash. The plan is that the tories would then gain a crushing victory in the subsequent election. Unfortunately Fletchr-Dervish is so transparently incompetent that Labour get wind that something is up, and so they try not to win the election either. Before long all 3 political parties are doing their best not to win the election because nobody wants to have to deal with the economic clusterfuck that is about to happen.

I'm guessing this is basically the same reason why all these tory leadership contenders are now claiming to be former drug addicts. They have to be in the race so they don't get called cowards for not entering, but none of them actually want to win this time round.
                                        Something similar appears to have actually happened here in Australia...prior to the last election, the sitting Liberal/National coalition (our Tories) were almost odds-on to lose, but somehow managed to jag the election through a combination of muddled messaging ('we've delivered a budget surplus in a year's time' being a classic example) and outright lies (such as suggesting Labor was going to introduce an inheritance tax, take money off 'poor pensioners' and throw everyone onto the dole queue).

Since they won, our mainstream media suddenly 'discovered' the economy was tanking and we've had a bunch of Chinese Naval ships chug into Sydney unannounced. The general consensus is that these were arranged prior to the election in an attempt to embarrass the new Labor government and when the new Tory government got in it was too late to stop them. The difference is that these c*nts are unembarrassable (if that's a word; otherwise you get my drift).

Comment

Apparently Gary Lineker and Dr. Brian Cox are backing Rory Stewart's campaign!

When I attempted to verify the former's endorsement I was informed that today's is the 33rd anniversary of his hat-trick against Poland at the World Cup and the 29th anniversary of him taking a dump on the pitch against the Republic of Ireland in the next tournament. I wonder which one he recalls more fondly.

Comment

Raab's NDA for apparent bullying and sexual discrimination is now getting picked up. Still look moves re Johnson and his NDA/injunction re his child he refused to pay any money towards. Or the rumours of him demanding his mistresses had abortions.

Comment

This FBPE wankathon over Stewart is something else. Centrist wally Chris Deerin was defending Stewart's National Service bollocks the other day.

Comment

Stewart voting record is awful. Another rw cunt hiding behind a quirky facade. I do have a general rule to be very wary of quirky types, be it looks or attitudes, more often than not they turn out this way...

Comment

Johnson is asked six questions. He only answers the easy and most abstract one about trust. All the others are completely avoided.

Comment

But the Barclay Brothers can't get enough of him

Comment

Working...
                                                    X