Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay!

Comment

Heh. Don't worry about it, geezer, you just look forward to your trip to Krakow. I should have some recommendations for you shortly.

Comment

Johnson and the media

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
          Well, I doubt if we're that close to deportations! But any uncertainty over their citizens status when abroad is an issue for a country and not one to be dismissed lightly.
          They're deporting people already.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

They're deporting people already.
            Unless I'm wrong the people they are deporting are Commonwealth and not EU citizens.

Comment

I cannot see the EU selling out Ireland on any deal, this seems to be another wet dream idea of some in the Tory party. The idea that parts of the deal can be negotiated or cherry picked to prevent the UK crashing out is also pie in the sky, Leadsom campaigned on this and the EU laughed in her face.

If the EU caves in on anything it's going to lead to a slow collapse of the project, imho, and presently the UK has helped to unify them publicly at least.

We are so fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Unless I'm wrong the people they are deporting are Commonwealth and not EU citizens.
                They started in 2016

Comment

The Settled Status scheme here is in place and will carry on with some small changes. Most EU countries have put in place a similar scheme. I genuinely do not think this is an issue. Yet...if there is a great, big jingoistic uprising, things might change...

Given a choice between a default by the UK on their liabilities and compromising the project, i doubt very much the EU is going to risk it. They are even playing hardball with the Swiss to pass on the message (the matter would have been settled already if there wasn't Brexit...)

Comment

I agree with those who've said that Johnson will pivot to remain. It's never been about ideology for him, only personal ambition. the issue is how he can do that whilst holding on to his far right vote.

As Orbán has shown being a fascist in the EU is quite possible.

Comment

You think that Johnson will move to a Remain position or that he'll move away from a hardline Leave position?

Comment

Not a chance...

Comment

You think that Johnson will move to a Remain position or that he'll move away from a hardline Leave position?
                          Whatever he can get away with

Comment

Well, I can see the latter but not the former in a million years.

Comment

Hancock has pulled out early.

Comment

“Move to”. Johnson has always been a massive remainer and EUphile. And he’s probably vain enough to try it.

Its not worth it, obviously.

Comment

I can see the centrists, still claiming Johnson as a liberal and desperate to keep Corbyn out of government, backing him and ignoring everything that’s gone before.

if he can win them back and hold on to the right with some dog whistle racism I think he has a chance

Comment

Originally posted by David Agnew View Post

“Move to”. Johnson has always been a massive remainer and EUphile. And he’s probably vain enough to try it.

Its not worth it, obviously.
                                    Even though he made up most of the lies regularly peddled by the Eurosceptic press (straight bananas, compulsory abolition of the imperial system, etc) when Brussels correspondent for the Telegraph?

Comment

Every one knows Johnson is a liar. The question is whether anyone cares.

Comment

Here we go-fuck business, seriously.

[URL]https://twitter.com/owenjones84/status/1139566469132500992?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                          I can see the centrists, still claiming Johnson as a liberal and desperate to keep Corbyn out of government, backing him and ignoring everything that’s gone before.
                                          If - which I doubt - Corbyn is so unappealing to centrists they would rather vote for Boris Fucking Johnson, then there isn’t a general election he could possibly win.

Comment

The anti-Johnsons need unify around one candidate asap. Currently their split vote makes Johnson look like a shoo-in.

Comment

He is a shoo-in because he is already in the last two and insanely popular with the membership

Comment

This support is fickler than it may appear, though I suspect not quite fickle enough for it to matter. In any case, in a run off between Johnson and AN Other, it won’t be the less right wing candidate that wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Waterman View Post
                                                  If - which I doubt - Corbyn is so unappealing to centrists they would rather vote for Boris Fucking Johnson, then there isn’t a general election he could possibly win.
                                                  I don’t mean the voters but the commentariat

Comment

Ok, I’m not sure who you’re talking about but that makes more sense.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X