Next Prime Minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Prime Minister

Tubby Isaacs wrote: He'd have got away with that amid some froth about a private email- like the one he was using for DfE business.

The statement about Johnson not having leadership qualities was a step too far. Just say "feel I can bring something".
    Ah, I see. Hadn't actually seen that Gove came out with this in public.

Well, his bold decision has won the support of his former lackey at the DfE Nick Gibb, who has had a dramatic change of heart.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Gibb is a more guarded version of Gove. Equally bonheaded on academies and Ofsted.

Amazing to think Gove was sacked from Education because he was too toxic.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Andrea Leadsom being built up as an "EU expert".

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Tubby Isaacs wrote: Andrea Leadsom being built up as an "EU expert".
          Perhaps as well as telling everyone that the EU is shit she is maybe the only one who will also tell everyone why she thinks it is shit.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Really odd terminology in a report from Lovely Laura at the BBC:

A friend of Mr Johnson's "said the thing about Boris is he loves to be loved and therefore the decision by Michael Gove will have hurt him", says Laura.

She adds that some people believe the "fingers of George Osborne are absolutely behind this" decision by Mr Gove to stand.

I don't really want to think about George Osborne's fingers, or Boris loving to be loved.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Leadsom is an expert on Europe.

She often goes there to visit the money she has stashed to avoid tax.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Sean du Cabanon wrote:
                Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs
                Andrea Leadsom being built up as an "EU expert".
                Perhaps as well as telling everyone that the EU is shit she is maybe the only one who will also tell everyone why she thinks it is shit.
                She was frothing about all the things the EU stopped her doing in one of the debates. She didn't say what these were, funnily enough. It might soon be stopping people like operating in the Single Market at all.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

“But events since last Thursday have weighed heavily with me,” he said. He added: “I have come, reluctantly, to the conclusion that Boris cannot provide the leadership or build the team for the task ahead. I have, therefore, decided to put my name forward for the leadership.”

The knives really don't get longer than this, do they? He felt the weight of duty on his shoulders, sighed, and resigned himself to doing this for Queen and country. And, you know, sorry about you being so dim, Boris.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Andrea who?

Comment

Next Prime Minister

MsD wrote: Really odd terminology in a report from Lovely Laura at the BBC:

A friend of Mr Johnson's "said the thing about Boris is he loves to be loved and therefore the decision by Michael Gove will have hurt him", says Laura.

She adds that some people believe the "fingers of George Osborne are absolutely behind this" decision by Mr Gove to stand.

I don't really want to think about George Osborne's fingers, or Boris loving to be loved.
                      Particularly not when they also involve "Michael Gove" and "behind".

Comment

Next Prime Minister

The ridiculous thing is that whatever else he can't do, Johnson can put a diverse team of MPs together who like him.

I know it's all supposed to be about the issues, but a Labour leader hammering away at Gove for being a treacherous cunt would be a very good thing. When the negotiations go wrong, a bit of "are you fucking useless, or have you betrayed the country like you betrayed lovable old Boris" would work.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Yeah, a Mr.J.Corbyn springs to mind.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

One deficiency (of many, unfortunately) that's characterised Jeremy Corbyn's tenure as leader is that he's been utterly ineffectual against David Cameron's hectoring style in the House. I don't think Gove has the capacity to browbeat him in that manner.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Edd Millerband stab his brother in back

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Marcel Mumpeau wrote: One deficiency (of many, unfortunately) that's characterised Jeremy Corbyn's tenure as leader is that he's been utterly ineffectual against David Cameron's hectoring style in the House. I don't think Gove has the capacity to browbeat him in that manner.
                                I want someone knocking Gove about. He'll get redder than Cameron.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Today's events have done wonders for the quality of satire and comedy on Twitter.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Yeah not on Twitter so much these days but have been in the past week, and past couple of days have brought forth some gold (as well as the usual hysteria and bullshit)

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
                                      Originally posted by Marcel Mumpeau
                                      One deficiency (of many, unfortunately) that's characterised Jeremy Corbyn's tenure as leader is that he's been utterly ineffectual against David Cameron's hectoring style in the House. I don't think Gove has the capacity to browbeat him in that manner.
                                      I want someone knocking Gove about. He'll get redder than Cameron.
                                      BoJo?

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Boris' mates are upset.

Jake Berry on Twitter

There is a very deep pit reserved in Hell for such as he. #Gove

Comment

Next Prime Minister

I notice the Spectator website seems to have crashed.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

May apparently not adverse to use EU residents as bargaining chips....

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Gove apparently not adverse to never invoking Article 50

Comment

Next Prime Minister

No one is it seems and that might not even be his call to do...

Maybe the Swiss way Leave pushed as an option is a reverse of what we did, 20 years to withdraw our candidature....

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Sweden is also required to join the Euro.

They still haven't bothered.

Comment

Next Prime Minister

Averse people....averse....

Comment

Working...
                                                    X