Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oirish Hooters

The Tilted Kilt

Coming to Southern California soon, apparently. Here's how Eater LA described it:

here's what we know of the Kilt: Irish bar with servers in itty-bitty kilt-like skirts sporting lots of cleavage; each one has pool and darts; sports bar-esque; lots of beers. The first TK opened at the Rio in Vegas in 2003, and now there are 10 locations with 6 in the works and 8 more planned after that.
    From their own franchise info on USA Today's website:

By combining American’s passion for all things Scottish-Irish and love of sports, we created an Irish pub concept that features a cozy, fun atmosphere and is staffed with female servers outfitted in plaid mini-kilts and midriff-baring camp shirts.
    Scottish-Irish. Bet you all didn't know they were the same. It's so painfully obvious that they wanted to make a chain "Irish bar," but wanted to get short skirts in there somehow, so went with kilts. Hence, Scottish-Irish.

Oirish Hooters

Duncan Gardner to thread......

Comment

Oirish Hooters

So basically, it's about as Irish as Barry Ferguson . . .

Comment

Oirish Hooters

That's really offensive on a number of levels.

Comment

Oirish Hooters

Yeah. As I understand it kilts are an English fabrication, so that will really piss off the Scot-Irish (Scoirish?)

Comment

Oirish Hooters

My God, have you read the menu? "Danny Boy Shepherds Pie", "Braveheart Salad", a cocktail called "Belfast Boom"!!

Comment

Oirish Hooters

Wow--even worse than I imagined (I didn't look at the website because I'm at work).

Comment

Oirish Hooters

My God, have you read the menu? "Danny Boy Shepherds Pie", "Braveheart Salad", a cocktail called "Belfast Boom"!!
                Heh. Got to have a belief in, got to have a belief in, got to have a belief else all, the people, cause the people are leaving.

For added authenticity, suggest they get in some actors to stand around a black-white TV watching horse racing.

Actually, this sounds like the sort of thing my uncle Wesley would like. He and my aunt retired from suburban Tranna to Vancouver a few years ago, but they regularly visit the grandkids in Southern California.

He's a life vice-president of the North American Highland Fling Society and still goes to get-togethers Worldwide.

So basically, it's about as Irish as Barry Ferguson

That's really offensive on a number of levels
                Aye. Bazza Ned who? He's the old, slow, crocked Scottish Steven Davis now.

Comment

Oirish Hooters

Christ, that really does have not one single redeeming feature.

Comment

Oirish Hooters

hold on, the scots irish in america are the snake worshippers, and hilbilly flat earth bible literalists that are trying to drag the US into the 17th century.

What exactly does this have to do with hooters again?

Comment

Working...
                    X