Apartheid Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apartheid Ireland

Two South Africans were refused entry to a Dublin pub because "no blacks allowed". Police shrug shoulders, because no law was broken.

So it's legal to be racist in Ireland?

Apartheid Ireland

Given it's legal to cheat women out of their absolute, unambiguous, inalienable right to decide what to do with their own bodies,it can hardly come as surprise.

Comment

Apartheid Ireland

Unnamed temple bar pub? Guess Fitsimons? Fucking gogarty? beaks were straight onto the craven Indo. Not exactly a shocker but still foul. typical when Vitners have so much political clout.

Comment

Apartheid Ireland

Lang Spoon wrote: Unnamed temple bar pub? Guess Fitsimons? Fucking gogarty? beaks were straight onto the craven Indo. Not exactly a shocker but still foul. typical when Vitners have so much political clout.
        "Not a shocker"?

It's the year of our Lord two thousand and sixteen, for fuck's sake.

What's wrong with the World that attitudes and opinions like this are still allowed to persist?

Comment

Apartheid Ireland

Do the Gardai not have access to Google or something?

The Equal Status Acts 2000–2012 prohibit discrimination on nine grounds in goods, facilities and services, accommodation, and education.

The Race ground – a particular race, skin colour, nationality or ethnic or national origin

Comment

Apartheid Ireland

Not exactly a shocker that this happened in stinking temple bar paddy whack land. Of course it's fucking shocking. Of course it's troglodyte outright horrible. I'm not saying it's no big deal for Christ's sake, just that some pubs are the pits on that strip. I just can't believe there is no law broken. Think some student years back won a case on being knocked back from voodoo or some such craphole. He wasn't "a black" though.

EDIT: thanks. So lazy racist gardai then.

Comment

Apartheid Ireland

The only shock is that the unnamed pub allegedly refused admission to a black person - happens so often to Travellers that the reports only make the local papers.

Comment

Apartheid Ireland

Lang Spoon wrote: Unnamed temple bar pub? Guess Fitsimons? Fucking gogarty? beaks were straight onto the craven Indo. Not exactly a shocker but still foul. typical when Vitners have so much political clout.
                It's Buskers. And it'll be closed down in a few months due to the mass boycott which is about to come its way.

I used to know the owner of Fitzsimons, who sadly passed away a few years ago. He wouldn't have allowed anything remotely like this to happen there.

Comment

Apartheid Ireland

Fucking a. And scumbag columnists on the Denis o brien payroll can make disgusting and inflammatory statements about travelers without fear of more than loud tutting from August Irish Times bores. Let alone offhand vileness about travelers and Roma in just about every workplace, from folk that would never say (in public) such things about, say, Nigerians or Poles.

Comment

Apartheid Ireland

Buskers. Makes sense. Total scumhole.

Comment

Apartheid Ireland

Hope the pathetic gardai just try and disperse the inevitable protests outside that stone island and orange tan hellhole. Could do with a righteous riot in high summer, Sal's pizzeria style.

Comment

Apartheid Ireland

I thought you were telling us that Kader asmal was dead.

I live in a pretty middle class suburb of galway, and there are quite a few african families in the neighbourhood. You see large and small groups of black and white kids wandering around, you know, like children.

Today I was ambushed by a collection of 3-5 year old girls with water pistols, The parents of two of the children were from angola, and the parents of the other child was an white South african born to irish parents.

Whatever about their parents and their grand parents, the young people are pretty relaxed about our recent arrivals. but then again Galway city is a city that in winter time is one third students, and in the summer is half tourists, and has large non-native-now-native communities going back for decades.

But while I can't speak for the country as a whole, but this door policy is going to go down like a lead balloon. But that won't make a difference since most of their custom seems to come from outside ireland, and they won't be aware.

Comment

Apartheid Ireland

Despicable. There was legislation brought in about a decade ago which pubs fell foul of when travellers rightly sued when refused entry and were given payouts. The legislation or at least the intrepetation was relaxed subsequently leading to situations like this that are obviously wrong but difficult to hold bars accountable for - they just refuse at their discretion without having to give a reason. That said, I would thought "No blacks" being explicitly stated wouldn't leave the pub with a leg to stand on if they were reported. It's probably a civil rather than criminal case though.

Comment

Apartheid Ireland

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: I thought you were telling us that Kader asmal was dead.
                            Was dead, and still is.

Comment

Apartheid Ireland

Hah, their Facebook page appears to be down. Not so sure this wouldn't have any impact on their tourist demographic.

This story will get out, the bar named, and is the kind of thing picked up on AP, and then it's high up on google searches. Unless they advertise in the Rich and Mad Fer the Gargle Good Racist's Guide to Dublin this is going to hurt them. Even yer average I'm not racist but.. punter mightn't want to pencil in a known racist venue for their stag.

Comment

Working...
                              X