Abolitionist Trumps Slaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harriet Tubman to be the new face of twenty bucks.
    And suffragettes get the back of the $10.

And Trump?

Oh, I see.

Comment

They should have been talking about removing Jackson the whole time, not Hamilton. A despicable human.

Though my annoyance with the Hamilton phenomenon makes me reluctant to see those people feel like they made a difference in this decision.

Comment

Agreed.

I'm also unhappy that Treasury decided to keep Jackson on the back of the 20 as a sop to his fans.

Good summary of all of the changes

Comment

The lead time for this is crazy though. Coming over the next decade... new notes!

Interestingly the guy who wrote Hamilton the musical was apparently a key sponsor for him staying on the ten.

Comment

Only five months till we get our lovely polymer fivers.

Comment

For some reason I was under the impression that Hamilton was a musical about Hamilton Bohannon.

Comment

Ginger Yellow wrote: Only five months till we get our lovely polymer fivers.
                Will they still work with charlie?

Comment

Fussbudget wrote: For some reason I was under the impression that Hamilton was a musical about Hamilton Bohannon.
                  There's a name that I have literally never, ever heard in my life.
                  (Just googled it, too. Complete blank.)

Comment

Oh I did think that would have been a pretty niche subject for a musical. For one thing, they would run out of songs (that anyone might have heard of) pretty quickly.

Comment

caja-dglh wrote:
                      Interestingly the guy who wrote Hamilton the musical was apparently a key sponsor for him staying on the ten.
                      Of course he was. He is apparently an honest fan of his, but apart from that, any talk of Hamilton now means that he won't be mentioned far behind.

Comment

Working...
                      X