As no longer seen on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As no longer seen on TV

Victoria Wood's died. I'm more upset about this than all the other slebs what've died this year.

As no longer seen on TV

Terrible. Probably my Mum's favourite comic, and a fantastic sharp wit. "It's no age" is a real cliché but that's because it's true.

Fuck cancer.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

Just 62. Suddenly. Shit.

Give me me pyjamas.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

Can this year get any fucking worse.

First play I ever saw was written by her, Talent at the Liverpool Everyman.

Very sad news.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

This isn't what I had in mind when they said there'd be more Deadwood.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

Can this year get any fucking worse.

I've asked that question several times already. Sadly, the answer always seems to be "yes".

And yes, cancer can go take a running fuck at itself.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

FUCK!

An extraordinarily talented woman. And a very funny one.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

dinnerladies is one of my favourite things on TV ever - so beautifully observed, written and acted.

Can we just hit the reset button on this year?

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

Jesus, RIP indeed. Very, very talented woman.

She and Julie Walters were priceless - particularly in Acorn Antiques.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

Horrible news. Wonderful woman, and a great talent in so many ways.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

She was so well-liked. My neighbour just came out and asked me if I had a copy of Women's Weekly "In tribute" and has just gone to the pub to toast her.

One of those talents. Understated, maybe? She was sharp without being cruel, gently funny - maybe had something in common with Ronnie Corbett, there.

I'm sadder than I expected, too, but then I didn't expect her to die young. There are things she's said - not just jokes - that will stay with me forever.

RIP Funny Girl x

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

Yep. This caused a bit of shock when someone blurted it out in a meeting in work.

Then again, when I came home and told Mrs Thistle.

She was funny. No doubt about it. I didn't particularly love her sitcom work but her songs were hilarious.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

A very, very funny and likeable woman. As has already been said, Acorn Antiques is a work of unhinged genius; although I'll always have a soft spot for the bitchy TV presenters she and Julie Walters played so well.

RIP.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

MsD wrote: One of those talents. Understated, maybe? She was sharp without being cruel, gently funny - maybe had something in common with Ronnie Corbett, there. RIP Funny Girl x
                            She was a brilliant social observer. And she could do it all--clever and poignant piano ballads, stand-up, writer, producer, comedy actress … anything she put her mind to really. I don't think her talents were appreciated enough.

I'm also moved because we had dead similar backgrounds, in terms of where we grew up, went to University and the rest of it. And someone, like Bowie and Wogan, who's simply always been around me.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

My dad went to primary school with her and is quoted in a biography of her that was written by a Bury Times journo.

probsbly the most famous person from Bury since Robert Peel, if we're not counting Peter Skellern.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

Victoria Wood's finest moment:

The Ballad of Barry and Freda

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

To quote my sis' on the Twitters, "Victoria Wood's world was one where people laugh, take the piss but are basically good to each other. So sad this has gone."

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

Yes, agree very much with this and what others have said. If she'd been more obnoxious she might have been more famous (or "successful", as the updated thesaurus would call it). Instead she was just incredibly talented and a decent human being.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

Terrible. Mrs. S and I saw her at the Albert Hall many, many years ago and she just came across as a really lovely person. Thanks evilC for putting an episode of Acorn Antiques up on FB; her finest creation.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

Paul S wrote: Victoria Wood's finest moment:

The Ballad of Barry and Freda
                                        "Bend me over backwards on my hostess trolley" is one of the all time great song lyrics.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

Sits wrote: Terrible. Mrs. S and I saw her at the Albert Hall many, many years ago and she just came across as a really lovely person. Thanks evilC for putting an episode of Acorn Antiques up on FB; her finest creation.
                                          No worries - here it is, for those not on Facebook.

"Excuse me - just fiddling with a Gilbert, there."

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

Not funny. Never.
                                            Not remotely. She bored the shit out of me and that Dinner Ladies thing was fucking atrocious

This could've applied to her comedy...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bomygz1Ygkk

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

The song about sex is really funny.

Beat me on the bottom with a Woman's Weekly etc.

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

Calvert wrote: Not funny. Never.
                                                Not remotely. She bored the shit out of me and that Dinner Ladies thing was fucking atrocious

This could've applied to her comedy...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bomygz1Ygkk
                                                Perhaps another from the vast selection of threads on OTF today?

Comment

As no longer seen on TV

Calvert wrote: Not funny. Never.
                                                  Not remotely. She bored the shit out of me
                                                  I'm with Calvert here. She always came across as a good egg in interviews, but her comedy never once made me laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X