Panama Papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    The Italian member of the consortium has discovered that both Mancini and Vialli show up as being the owners of BVI companies. Mancini's appears to own a plane or interest in one; the purpose of Vialli's is unclear.
    Wasn't vialli the richest person to have made it as a professional footballer? (and Gadaffis don't count)
    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 11-10-2021, 09:01.

Comment

I am not aware of an official ranking, but he surely belongs in the top echelon (at least until some sad US-based team signs Barron Trump).

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure how you'd rank it. Bierhoff, Pirlo and Lloris all come from very wealthy families, and Bamford is from the JCB clan. I think the Sultan of Brunei's nephew is a professional footballer which might be a winner - Faiq Bolkiah.

Comment

I am not aware of an official ranking, but he surely belongs in the top echelon (at least until some sad US-based team signs Barron Trump).
          hahahaha. Well certainly he'll be the footballer with the greatest fluctuations in wealth. Isn't he already too tall to be a footballer? He's heading for Jan koller territory. Oh god, imagine if he wound up in the NBA.

Wikipedia says vialli grew up in Castelle di belgioioso, but says it's in cremona. Thing is they use photos of a building that appears to be in Pavia, which is most categorically not cremona. You don't want to be confusing your ancient universities, with your fancy fiddles.

Comment

The villa in which Vialli grew up is now a wedding/event venue.

http://www.villaaffaitati.it/gallery/

It is in Grumello, which is about 15 km outside the city.

Comment

Jesus Christ. Just look at it

Comment

Comment

Bamford is from the JCB clan
                  Barely, Not saying he isn't from a prosperous upper middle class family, but any connection to the JCB millions is pretty remote as I understand it*. Very distant relative perhaps - difficult to establish from googling.

* and I suspect his parentally sourced prosperity is thoroughly dwarfed by his earnings as a professional footballer

Comment

Hah, I wonder how much does it cost to hire? I suspect that if you have to ask, it may not be for you. What kind of bond villain must vialli Sr have been to accumulate that level of wealth in the 50's and 60's?

Comment

You just don't understand Italian haute bourgeois culture

Comment

Working...
                      X