Harrod's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harrod's

Many of you have probably seen this video of two men being reunited with a lion they had raised as a cub and released into the wild.

I read this weekend that the men had originally purchased the lion at Harrod's, which struck me as bizzare. Is it (or was it) standard practice for British department stores to sell wild animals?

Harrod's

Horrids was previously famous for selling anything you could wish to buy (legally), so indeed, if you fancied a pet elephant, you could nip into Harrods and order one.

Not sure that since Al-Fayed took it over, it still works that way.

Comment

Harrod's

I recently read that there are more Asian tigers in private collections in the US (particularly in Texas) than there are in the wild.

Comment

Harrod's

Don't forget Marques Slocum and his fuck lion.

Comment

Harrod's

gerontophile wrote:
          Horrids was previously famous for selling anything you could wish to buy (legally), so indeed, if you fancied a pet elephant, you could nip into Harrods and order one.
          That is indeed strange. Thank you.

I wonder if you have to pay extra to get a fuck lion, instead of just a normal one. I also wonder what that guy's mom thinks of him calling her "the realest bitch".

Comment

Harrod's

Inca wrote:
            Wow. Thank you so much for putting that link up, Inca. What a nice man.

Comment

Harrod's

My favorite responses of his:

Would you rather lose an arm or a leg?

what da fuck! i needs bof of my muthafuckin body parts

If you could have one super human power what would you choose?

come on now i wanna fly i hate walkin dat shit overrated

Comment

Harrod's

A gastropub here was actually serving a lion dish for a few weeks this summer, but they eventually removed it from the menu because people were too wigged out over it. But now they have Rocky Mountain oysters available for the adventurous diner.

Comment

Working...
                X