Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaron Ramsey Strikes Again

EDIT: Removed
    Last edited by Your Usual Table; 02-11-2021, 23:02.

I'm sure that this 'curse' could apply to any footballer who scores once a month, or so. I am sure you could dig deep enough to find someone 'famous' who dies every day this year.

Comment

Some sneered at the "Just Say No" campaign, saying that if her husband cared about inner-city drug use he'd be doing something about social justice and inequality instead of cutting taxes for the wealthy. But I remember it as being a very good thing, in and of itself. I also think she'll be remembered as a first lady who was quite a power behind the throne, especially in the later years of Ronnie's Presidency when even Spitting Image stopped lampooning him for apparently losing his marbles because he clearly was genuinely suffering from dementia.

Comment

Just Say No was part of the war on drugs hysteria that started in the 1980s and promoted ineffective programs like DARE, which didn't stop kids from doing drugs, but did work in making police presence on school campuses a normal thing and promoted the ideology that young people of color were either drug dealers, or were ready to become them at a moment's notice.

Comment

Nancy Wife RIP

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: Some sneered at the "Just Say No" campaign, saying that if her husband cared about inner-city drug use he'd be doing something about social justice and inequality
            one could also argue he'd have done something about the flood of crack into the us facilitated by the whole contra business, innit?

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: Some sneered at the "Just Say No" campaign, saying that if her husband cared about inner-city drug use he'd be doing something about social justice and inequality instead of cutting taxes for the wealthy. But I remember it as being a very good thing, in and of itself. I also think she'll be remembered as a first lady who was quite a power behind the throne, especially in the later years of Ronnie's Presidency when even Spitting Image stopped lampooning him for apparently losing his marbles because he clearly was genuinely suffering from dementia.
              What a pile of utter shit.
              He was a complete bastard and if she was 'the power behind the throne' then she was fucking worse.

Comment

The fuck is the matter with you?
                Glib sloganeering allied with an administraton which didn't give two fucks about funding AIDS research neither.

Comment

Pair of cunts.

Comment

I fold.

Meanwhile, it seems churlish (but I'll do it anyway) to mention I'd posted her death yesterday on the US Election thread. I couldn't imagine there being enough chat about her to warrant her own thread.

Comment

In case anyone needs further evidence.

Nancy Reagan refused to help Rock Hudson, one of the leading Hollywood stars of the 1950s and 1960s, as he sought treatment for Aids from a pioneering doctor in Paris, it has been revealed.

Comment

In their defence though, they were egalitarian in their refusal to help anyone with this awful condition.

I sometimes wonder if the likes of Rogin actual fucking lived through the '80's and remember what privileged cracker scum people Reagan and his shitty- excuse -for -a -human- being wife really were.
                        I mean, this is before we get to the various invasions of other countries and the funding of South American death squad Contras.

Gah.

Comment

Carnivorous Vulgaris wrote: I never knew that. Calvert's right. What a pair utter of scumbags the Reagans were.
                          It's quite fitting a house they bought in Bel Air had the address 666 (which they had officially changed).

Comment

She did a bit of an about turn on stem cell research which was a good thing, albeit tempered with self interest when she realised that it might be able to help Ronnie's medical issues.

Comment

Well blow me, you certainly do learn something new every day.

Comment

Saw the URL. I'm not clicking on that.

dalliance wrote: She did a bit of an about turn on stem cell research which was a good thing, albeit tempered with self interest when she realised that it might be able to help Ronnie's medical issues.
                                A standard Republican position--refuse to consider changing something that would benefit a large group of Americans and could make the country a better place for more people until someone they love, or themselves, are put in the same position. Rush Limbaugh and drug addiction treatment, Dick Cheney and gay marriage, Megyn Kelly and parental leave rights, Nancy Reagan and stem cell research...

Comment

I'm sorry I actually clicked on that link. It's horrible and wrong.
                                  Nancy Reagan merits our opprobrium for all sorts of transgressions, but that's just, well...uncalled for.

Comment

Working...
                                  X