• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, the last 18 days

Owt happened?

So, the last 18 days

Yeah.

Yesterday I was getting rid of my beard with a beard trimmer, when it broke half way through. I've still got half a beard.

At some point I'm going to have to leave the house, and get some razors or something. But I don't want to. As I still have half a beard.

Comment

So, the last 18 days

Which half?

Comment

So, the last 18 days

It's not really in a regular pattern, so it's tough to say. I would probably describe it as the 'shit half'.

Comment

So, the last 18 days

I met a Doctor Who, at last. After thirty years of near misses, including queueing for three hours at Longleat in 1983 only to arrive at the autograph table in the five minute gap between the departure of Peter Davison and the arrival of Jon Pertwee, and the time that almost drove me to divorce when m'lovely wife chanced across Tom Baker in the backstreets of Soho, I finally met a Doctor Who.

Comment

So, the last 18 days

Mumpo:

When did you become Mumpo again?

Comment

So, the last 18 days

GO, did you deliberately leave the country to escape all the Olympics hype?

I've never actually met a Dr Who, but I did stand in a queue to get into the Hackney Empire behind Sylvester McCoy (and this was when he was actually playing the Doctor).

Comment

So, the last 18 days

I nearly had an opportunity to do a hit-and-run on Justin Lee Collins.

Comment

So, the last 18 days

When I found myself, Clive. I've peeled back the layers and exposed the inner me. I've stripped myself bare and laid myself before you ('you' collectively, that is, not just you, Clive). And I haven't been to paradise to do it, either. Though I did visit Poole Harbour, which was was really nice.

Comment

So, the last 18 days

I had been wondering, "Is GO in the Olympics? Which event?"

Comment

So, the last 18 days

EIM, Have you considered some sort of online razor shop? Or perhaps a scarf? As a short term measure to avoid any social embarrassment?

Or you could wait til the other half grows in to a point where the unevenness isn't immediately obvious.

Comment

So, the last 18 days

You needn't worry, fifepride, when it comes to an emergency situation, there's no man better than me to sort it out. Except possibly Superman, or in water based emergencies, a life-guard. But partially finished facial grooming emergencies? Who you gonna call?

I had to head off to Sydenham, as you do, earlier, which mean leaving the house. I couldn't very well go with half a beard, could I? No way, Pedro. So I managed to fix the fucking thing using tape. Loads and loads of tape. It held together long enough to trim my facial furniture down to a regular level. Job done.

Comment

So, the last 18 days

Lifeguards? Don't give me fucking lifeguards. My son cracked his head on the concrete last week after he tripped, trying to negotiate the railings at Branksome Chine. Four years old he is, and as we ran to his aid (doing that funny floppy-kneed run you have to do across sand, even though we were running for a really serious reason), he lay screaming on the floor practically at the feet of the lifeguards, who sat there with an impassive 'sorry mate, he's not in the water, not much we can do there' expression on their fucking deckchair-loving faces.

Comment

So, the last 18 days

Assuming you mean Sellotape type stuff, you should've used the tape to stick onto your facial hair, and pull it off...

Actually, I love the Olympics and always have ever since I watched the Tokyo ones on telly back in '64. Anyone else remember the music from that one?

Comment

So, the last 18 days

Yep.

Daah dah-da dat-daah.

That was the one.

Comment

So, the last 18 days

But if there had beena problem in the water, mumpo, I'd have been fuck all use. Can't swim, see.

Comment

So, the last 18 days

I turned on them in the end. Confronted them, belligerently. Said to them, "is there any chance one of you could get some ice for the fucking great lump my son is now sporting on his head? Perhaps you could get it from the freezer you've got in there, the one you keep pulling Soleros from?" And after a minor panic, they did give me some ice. In a surgical glove.

Comment

So, the last 18 days

No solero though? That's shitty.

Comment

So, the last 18 days

Three plane incidents, one resulting in mass fatalities, sadly.

Another involving Ryanair, and from what Pen Hadow said, the passengers were left to rot after the plce made an emergency landing at Limoges without so much as a by your leave from Michael O'Leary's merry elves.

Comment

Working...
                                      X