WSC access problems over the weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't get onto the wsc website at all over the weekend (some "MySQL" error or other). However, I see there were posts made on the board on both Saturday and Sunday.

Anyone else have issues, or is it just my home PC playing silly buggers? (I'm now back at work and access is fine)

Everyone was off-lined.

I coped by watching Judi Dench as Philomena and the Lulu movie.

Comment

Does OTF have a twitter or facebook or something? Cause I could only see the Xpert11 crowd when everything was down. Would be a shame to lose contact with all the quality people on here if everything was to be lost somehow.

Comment

There is an informal FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/2325984868/

Comment

There is a one touch football facebook group, yes.

It's very disconcerting, because no-one uses their OTF names. Apart from Tony C and Rick.

Comment

We all post in the same styles as on OTF though.

Comment

I blame Delicatemoth. Hers was the last post before the whole thing collapsed.

Comment

Thanks all. That reassures me that I don't have to go troubleshooting my PC or router (thank fuck).

Comment

As someone who runs a few websites, the 'cannot connect to MySQL database' error always fills me with dread.

Comment

Same MySQL problems here in Doha - no access for the last day or so.

Comment

Very frustrating as I wanted to post up my in depth analysis of the Man Utd v Arsenal game.

(I didn't really.)

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: There is a one touch football facebook group, yes.

It's very disconcerting, because no-one uses their OTF names. Apart from Tony C and Rick.
                        And now me.

Comment

Sits wrote: I blame Delicatemoth. Hers was the last post before the whole thing collapsed.
                          Database servers don't crash because of successful entries. I suspect someone out there tried to post a very long text indeed on the subject of the latest BRC contest. The MySQL software may even have some kind of plug-in AI functionality to make it go belly-up deliberately. "Oh no, not this crap again".

Well it's a theory.

Comment

precautions taken by the admin on behalf of Rogin in case of a Liverpool cup victory, I would bet.

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: There is a one touch football facebook group, yes.

Oi!

Comment

I couldn't get on either. Worryingly, it cut down my internet usage by about 50%. If OTF ever crashes for good, cold turkey will kill me.

Comment

Wait, so I'm supposed to be posting on here and on a Facebook group? I need a second keyboard.

Comment

It's ok, the facebook group is only really used by EIM and everyone else when the main site is down.

Comment

tee rex wrote: I couldn't get on either. Worryingly, it cut down my internet usage by about 50%.
                                      Oh man, this was me too. I went to bed on Sunday night contemplating the possibility that I if I could go another day or two without feeding my OTF addiction I might actually not come back.

Thank goodness I didn't have to put that one to the test.

Comment

I joined the cool kids on Facebook. Unfortunately, ursus spends the whole time inviting you to play Candy Crush.

Comment

Facebook group, you say?

Comment

Surely you were a charter member?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2325984868/

Comment

Pah. I'm still a relative newcomer compared to most of the people on here - I've only been posting for around a decade. As an arriviste, they don't include me in their fancy social media circles...

Comment

I must be misthinking who you are IRL. I thought you were one of the Andys. Surely you've been here longer than me?

Oooo....May, 2006. I've an anniversary coming up....

Comment

I am one of the Andys. Good recollection. I'm not Andy C, though. He was around long before me. It appears I was first on OTF in 2005.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X