It’s been one weird summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a call from a woman I’ve known for a while. I could detect that she was a bit down, so I went over to her place, called her while stood outside in front of her apartment and told her to come out for a short while. At first she thought I was mocking, but when she looked out her window and saw I was really there, a big smile spread on her face and she came out. We sat down on the steps, I looked her in the eyes, and she started to cry. Of course, I asked her what it was and crap had simply gathered. Stress. Her parents were to move in and stay there until they’d find their own place, and she didn’t get along very well with her mother. They were fu**ing with her at the job she had, extending her temporary employment quarter by quarter, and she had constant arguments with her son.

So, I stayed for a while, said what most people would say, to calm her, to get her in a better mood, do my best to make her believe that the future would bring better times. I gave her a hug as we parted and when I took off in my car the last view I got of her that day was her looking at me with a big smile.

That same evening I got an SMS where she thanked me for stopping by. The next day I got another SMS where she said that she had talked with a colleague of hers, a woman I also know, and how she had explained to her how great it was to have friends such as me, friends who paid attention and took the time to stop by when most needed.

Later that evening I sent her an SMS where I said that she was a good friends and that she could call any time, I’d be there, and if she needed something, anything, or her son needed something, she simply had to ask.

The next morning, I got an SMS from her that said: “I’m not your friend you fu**in idiot. Don’t you have any other friends, and stay away from my son or I’ll fu**ing kill you”
    I asked if the SMS was really meant for me, and it was

I hanged with two women for a couple of months, just partied together, no threesome’s. They told me several times how great it was to hang with me. That I was funny, made them laugh, that I was calm, never got upset over anything, which made them very comfortable, and that I showed no intention of banging any of them, which they appreciated as they both wanted to remain just friends.
    One of them, she had a short ff (fu**friends) spell, with a Norn’ Irish bloke, who got a wee bit more interested in her than she wanted. That is, he wanted to have a relationship with her, while she was done banging him. One evening while sat at the bar I and that Irish bloke both frequented, he approached me, pointed at me and said; - Stay away from X (that woman). At first I though he was joking but the bloke was dead serious. We’d sat down many a times, chatted, laughed, had a great time, so it was a bit of a surprise. I told him that I had no other intentions with X than to be friends and that I would not stand between them. He simply turned his back on me and didn’t want to hear any of it. The next day, I’m talking to X over the phone and tell her what happened. She’s furious. Raging. Curses his name, says that he doesn’t have any right to say such a thing, that he doesn’t own her, and that they’re just fu**ing, not in any relationship. I try to tell her that she should just drop it, but she won’t, she goes over and confronts him, he calls me up, asks if we have a problem, I tell him that he acted a bit weird but no, we don’t have a problem, he makes excuses, says that he was a wee bit drunk, and that’s it. I thought.

Later, I try to give X a call, but she hangs up. I try two more times in the next hour or so, but she hangs up every time. I try her friend, the other woman, and she hangs up both times I call. I send an SMS asking what’s up, but get no reply, so confused, I drop it and don’t call them again. I don’t see them for a couple of months, hear through one of their mates that they got pissed off at me for that whole situation.
    !?
    I can’t understand why X got upset, and over what.
    Even less so can I understand why her friend got upset, she wasn’t even involved in the thing.

At that same pub, I got to know the owner and the people who work there. I pop by sometimes, chat a bit, and always a good laugh. It’s a mixed crowd. A woman in her 60’s who I’ve seen there a number of times, and who once approached me and said; “you seem like such a nice guy. I saw you the other day when you got up from your chair to open the door for that old woman”
    It’s embarrassing when people say such things. I mean, it’s what we do, help old people. It’s not like I saved an African nation from famine.
    One evening that women, who seemed like nothing but a normal lady, comes up to me and says: “you think that you’re a bloody somebody, someone special, sat there at the bar in your bloody cap”
    Then she turns and heads off. Ever since she’s been giving me the evil eye.

At another place, a Serbian bloke which I’ve got to know and sometimes chat with, let’s call him Spasko because that’s his nick.
    As I’m paying my bill, a woman I’d never chatted with comes up to me and says: You fu**ing looser, you. Kissing Spasko’s arse, and following him around like an idiot.
    I don’t even hang with the dude, just chat with him once every now and then.
    The other day, as we were sat outdoors, and older Swedish woman comes up to us. At one point she says that all immigrants are rapists. I chat with her for a while, completely calm, mostly mess with her with jokes, everybody’s laughing. That woman who called me an idiot comes up to me and starts praising me for my behavior and thanks me for the laughs.

I met a Macedonian girl. We were sat at a place and I was in a great mood. Firing of one line after the other, she was in stitches. We laughed for hours. She asked me if we could not meet again, we did the next day, and had a brilliant day together, laughing for hours again. A couple of weeks pass by, she’s telling me what a great bloke I am, have the looks, humor, am kind, smart, how unbelievable it is that I’m single. That’s her words. She asks me if I don’t want to take off somewhere abroad on a trip with her, really declares that she wants to spend time with me.
    On a Tuesday there’s an SMS from her, again how fun it is to spend time with me, on the next day she hangs up on me when I call. I try a couple of times, and then give up. About a month later I send an SMS to her asking what’s up, but no reply. I happen to meet one of her friends and ask what I did wrong. Her friend just shrugs her shoulders, looks at me with this bloody face like: “who cares, she doesn’t want to see you so just accept it”

It’s bloody making me schizophrenic!!

Shit Z, you know some weird people.

The Macedonian girl thing reminds me of a situation I was once in. I suspect there's an unmentioned-and-recently-returned-boyfriend involved in there somewhere.

Comment

PPV, you can draw one or all of the following conclusions from the above

1) You have just been really unlucky and met slightly "unstable" women recently
      2) All women are "unstable"
      3) Their is something about you that attracts the "unstable" type
      4) you cause women to become "unstable"
      5) you smell and women are just mean to you to drive you away

(you know i'm kidding right....i'll even put in one of those winky faces and a "LOL" to show you that i dont mean any harm)

;-) LOL!!!!!

Comment

Somehow, I can't help but thinking that Milan's transfer campaign is perfectly in sync with the rest of PPV's summer.

Hang in there, man. It isn't you.

Comment

Didn't you mention earlier a problem with your mobile phone, where a text message had been sent from your number, and you had to go to court or something?

Maybe they are getting weird messages from your phone too.

It all sounds really weird.

Comment

hmm, do you have an evil twin that is going around pretending to be you and upsetting all these people? alternatively, have you become possessed by an evil spirit that sometimes takes over your body, upsets people and shags off, leaving you unaware that you have been freaking out all of these people?

Either that or you know some really crazy women.

Comment

You seem to meet all these people in bars, PPV. At what stage of the night do they generally start becoming 'friendly'?

Comment

Do you sometimes suffer from alcohol induced memory loss?

Comment

No, Otto

Comment

Slightly away from the subject (unless after recounting this tale I tell him to fuck off, I suppose), PPV, you remember that Swedish guy who wrote the FC United book?

Comment

Hope you didn't take offence at my asking, but you've talked about how you drink too much and it would possibly help explain these mysteries.

I guess we'll have to go with aiatl's evil twin theory.

Comment

no worries, otto

Comment

I'd go with DS's theory no.3: that you are somehow a magnet for psychos. I have a friend here who suffers from the same affliction - every time we go out anywhere, he ends up having to talk to every weirdo in the place (and before anybody says it, yes that includes me).

Like ursus says, it's not you, it's them.

Comment

Not long ago a bloke I’ve got to know introduced me to this woman he had been talking about. “It’s your future wife”, he would tell me every time we’d meet. I was very reluctant but finally gave in, the idiot that I am. So I went with him to this gypsy speakeasy where the woman was at, we chatted for a few hours, and she was alright. I wasn’t very interested but could tell that she was. At one point, she freaked the hell out of me when she said
                            - I think that you work at….. hmmm… , and then she said the name of the company I quit half a year ago. Guessing what company someone works at, it’s bleeding impossible, but this was even more so since it’s not a company the common man is familiar with.
                            Mouth gaping, she smiled at me and said
                            - Surprised?
                            - Hell, yes! I replied – You even freaked me out
                            - Well, I’m a witch, she said
                            If I was an idiot meeting up at all, I was an imbecile for not leaving at that point.
                            We head home, and being the gentleman that I am, I made sure she got home safe.
                            Now, idiot, imbecile, there’s still a chance back to being a sane person, but try the fu**ing brain-dead moron I was when she invited me up and I did go.

As the door opens, I’m expecting red wallpapers, stuffed animals, huge candles, pentagram painted on the living-room floor, and a voodoo shrine, but none of that. Instead, as she opens the door, it’s shit from floor to ceiling. You can’t bloody enter, the amount of items that are piled one on top of the other, all kind of shit. Plastic gnomes, samurai swords, magazines (she had the very first Swedish Playboy, which was way to cool), old bottles, metal signs, cowboy boots, native American clothes, you name it. Thousands of items. You couldn’t enter the toilet without climbing over a huge pile, there was a corridor leading you through, all other space from floor to ceiling was packed with items. A gatherer she was. It was like entering Blade Runner the Sequel.

Comment

Well, at least all of these make for great story-telling material. You should keep a diary. I guess you're attracted to colourful scenes and people and that's the collateral weirdness that comes with the territory. It cuts both ways.

Obviously, "the witch" had gathered some info on you from that bloke.

One tip PPV: don't call back people who hang up on you. Send them an email or SMS a week or two after the incident, and if there is no response from there, move on.

Comment

Otto, just got a letter about that thing and case dismissed based on loose evidence.

Comment

Excellent news.

Comment

Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote:
                                    As the door opens, I’m expecting red wallpapers, stuffed animals, huge candles, pentagram painted on the living-room floor, and a voodoo shrine, but none of that. Instead, as she opens the door, it’s shit from floor to ceiling.
                                    I wish you'd stopped describing it right there, PPV.

Comment

Just a thought on the SMS thing, PPV - it seems to to recur in some of the other stories at the top of the page. Could there be an ongoing problem with text messages coming fdrom your number?

Comment

Working...
                                      X