Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Rome then Naples, Sorrento and Pompei then.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were looking to fly into Rome for a couple of days then catch a train down to the Naples/Sorrento area for a week or so before possibly coming back to Rome and flying to London. This will probably be in late September possibly 21st Roma v Reggina, 24th Napoli v Palermo, 28th Lazio v Torino. Is that schedule feasible?
    Any advice on hotels, airports, football match tickets, airlines, sights in and around the above places etc would be appreciated.

Ive searched for E10 rifles recent thread on a similar subject matter but to no avail.

Stop living my dream you bastard!!

Uhh try the private railway around those parts? I don't know much in the way of advice,

Comment

Certainly doable. I'll dig up some of our old threads on the subject later today.

Football tickets will be easy to sort, as none of those matches will sell out.

Comment

The E10 Sorrento thread on here.

A Naples/Amalfi thread from the old board.

Our latest general Italy thread.

Some basics:

Football tickets can be bought one week in advance from city centre club shops, "authorised agents" like tobacconists and at the ground. Keep in mind that the league likes to play around with kickoff times, and won't fix them more than a couple of weeks in advance.

For train information, you can use the English version of the Trenitalia site or the more comprehensive and reliable German Railways site.

You can get from Rome to Napoli in about 70 minutes on a Eurostar; regional trains are slower, but cheaper. And here is an English site on the Circumvesuviana that FifePride alluded to. It is indeed worth taking, and the best way to get to the excavations at both Pompeii and Herculaneum (as well as providing great views of Vesuvius,as one would expect).

Comment

I am probably going to be doing pretty much exactly the same thing, next spring, hopefully around Easter time. Be keen to see how you get on Broken Clock.

Comment

Ursus. I once looked at train times between Naples and Rome and it said it was about 8 hours? Surely that isn't right?

Comment

Is this the right thread to inform Callie that I've replied to her PM? It is now, I guess. Going on Sep 26, so will just miss you, BC.

Comment

fifepride; 8 hours between Naples and Rome is insane. You would be well into Switzerland in 8 hours.

Look at the Trenitalia link above. 1h10 minutes for the fastest express to 2h30+ for a milk train that stops everywhere.

Comment

Have replied, E10.

It's really easy to get to Naples from Rome. All you have to do then is take the Circumvesuviana to Sorrento (takes about an hour).

I can probably help with logisitcs actually - I've got it all ready to go so you wouldn't have to trawl the web. It might be a bit out of date now though.

Comment

And replied back

Comment

Working...
                    X