Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns don't kill people (thick people do)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby in hospital in Birmingham after 5-year-old, having watched Daddy shoot at targets in his back garden (for why? and why there? and why with them? No real reason is forthcoming...) picks up his gun and shoots her brother in the head with it

Terrible story. I hope the baby makes a full recovery, and furthermore I hope the police take this fuckwit (the Dad), lock him up for a bit on charges of contributory negligence and a damned good old fashioned "sort your life out, sonny" kicking in the cells, then never let him be in charge of his children unsupervised again.

Okay, who else figured it was going to be Birmingham, Alabama?

Comment

I sighed loudly when I heard about this. I don't know about the kicking in the cells (tongue-in cheek, I s'pose), but a good hard slap should suffice. If that guy has any residue of sense left in his head, then the consequences of his own cunting idiocy should serve as a punishment for him.

Here's hoping big-time for the child's recovery.

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:
        Baby in hospital in Birmingham after 5-year-old, having watched Daddy shoot at targets in his back garden (for why? and why there? and why with them? No real reason is forthcoming...) picks up his gun and shoots her brother in the head with it

Terrible story. I hope the baby makes a full recovery, and furthermore I hope the police take this fuckwit (the Dad), lock him up for a bit on charges of contributory negligence and a damned good old fashioned "sort your life out, sonny" kicking in the cells, then never let him be in charge of his children unsupervised again.
        Remove the word 'unsupervised' and you're just about right, here.

Comment

In Freakonomics, your man shows that this kind of incident is very rare, and that it's much more common for children to drown in back-yard swimming pools--and yet outrage is targeted much more against gun-owners than people with back-yard swimming pools.

I'm as anti-NRA as anyone, but if those stats are right, he does have a point.

Comment

Possibly so, but this case in Birmingham transcends any application of statistics to deaths by swimming pool accidents or guns. It's the misery and sorrow caused by one fuckwit's complete refusal to use any kind of sense where the safety of his children are concerned.

It's a stupidity that boggles any mind.

Comment

Working...
            X